Download & Discuss AMD Catalyst 15.3 Beta Driver for Windows OS

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Sketche

Sketche Member

GPU:
    R9 295x2 + 290X
    Driver definitely improved Attila performance for me (unless game patches made differences, I haven't played since launch). I went from having to play on medium, to max settings (only MLAA) and averaging 34fps on the benchmark at 3440x1440.

Only using my 295x2, not enabled the 290x.

2. rgabriel15

rgabriel15 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 1GB GDDR5
    AMDMatt

What happened with the "framerate limiter" feature present on Catalyst 15.2? I downloaded this new 15.3 beta 1 and it got removed.

3. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Incidentally here is a screen shot of the latest Win 10 TP AMD drivers..

[​IMG]

4. dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy Active Member

GPU:
    980Ti
    project cars isn't yet realesed and have already a cf profile, you have to be kidding me

have assetto corsa is out, no profile and when i will have one for that game?:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

5. boerenlater

boerenlater Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 610 silent
    As you can see in my post; this driver increases performance in Attila.

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Yep engine based, the game uses a modified ID TECH 5 engine. The same piece of crap that was used in RAGE, and Wolfenstein.

None of these games Evil Within included will ever support SLI/Crossfire due to the way the engine was built only for 1 GPU.

Totally BS if you ask me as even 1 GPU no matter how powerful it is can properly run this engine without some form of stutter, massive texture popins, etc.

We have to tweak the settings to get the games to work properly.

7. bigbeard86

bigbeard86 Banned

GPU:
    290 Crossfire 1220/1450
    Also, to add to further embarrassment...Titanfall performance is still poor, considering my dual gpu setup. Before the omega driver, i would get 120fps with everything maxed out. Now, i get 60fps, with 2 gpus! Why did the frame rate fall in half? Also, i get 120fps in titalfall (like i used to) if i use AFR...but using AFR causes seizure-inducing flickering.

AMD has become a total load of trash.

8. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ♥ MESA 21.3
    We wait for more than three months and all we get is a beta driver? When may we expect an updated proprietary fglrx-driver for Linux?

9. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Regarding the bad peformance with CFX in Farcry 4. The game runs much better with a custom made profile with just AFR mode selected. Good work AMD :)

10. jaju123

jaju123 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    I guess everyone is working on the r9 390 series and directx 12 stuff :L

11. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    For those of you having trouble with games crashing, is Raptor running on your machines?

I have found that both Loadout and Thief crash after a while and also tend to stutter a lot when it is running. Those are the only games I have been playing lately so I am pretty sure that it would cause issues with other games as well.

This was with the Omega drivers. I may try it again with these drivers, but I am not hopeful that it will be any better.

12. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Well take a look at my screenshot post of the Win 10 TP driver I just got for the win tp 10041 that just released.

Everything is newer then 15.3 beta. For the life of me I cannot locate where the new Win update downloaded the drivers I have.

So my guess is they are working hard with MS since this is the 3rd different Win 10 TP drivers I have gotten since January I believe.

I only play one game now and it is more CPU intensive, so I cannot give any feedback on these.

13. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Is anyone using these with an Eyefinity setup and a R9 295x2 GPU? I'm still on 14.12 since anything since then wouldn't allow me to use Eyefinity at all.

14. LM2014

LM2014 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800XT
    My first rig with crossfire and I´m very disappointment with AMD.
    No profiles for Dying Light, metal gear (only afr friendly works), etc.
    Far Cry 4 runs very BAD with crossfire (frame drops and stuttering )
    AC Unity runs BAD with crossfire, stuttering (runs much better with only 1 gpu)
    Ryse runs very very BAD (frame drops and stuttering )
    No VSR for R9 270/280 series.
    4 months
    Good job driver team

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  15. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    THIS^

LM2014 does AC Unity still stutter with single gpu?

16. Gapster

Gapster Active Member

GPU:
    2xSapphire R9 290x Tri-x
    Finally, the irony that i have birthday today. Thx AMD.

17. HonderdProcent

HonderdProcent Member

GPU:
    Fury X 4GB
    Not going to test this tonight. Tommorow Saturday Free(sync) time (to test) :D

Else for crossfire;

Evolve <-- Happy if it works, bought it

The rest.. gonna wait for replies

Far Cry 4 <-- Gonna buy if it works
    Total War: Attila <-- Gonna buy if it works
    Project Cars <-- Gonna buy if it works when it is released? (Though beta testing is going on a long time now LOL)

18. vase

vase Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    hey matt,

i have been down this road many times already :)
    i have about 5 different user.cfg files in my "archives" some for direct3d some for mantle.
    used yours and it was performing as "well" as my other mantle profiles.
    guess those extra cvars like worldrender.motionblurenable "0" etc... dont do much at all.

which leads us to the main problem again. the fps with the new driver and this user.cfg is the same as before. it runs @ average 100 FPS with peaks up to 150 FPS. on some cqb maps i even get average 150 FPS with peaks up to 200 FPS...

i disabled crossfire before the test to ensure there is no problem with that enabled...

also i have 0 ( repeat: ZERO) background stuff running. no antivir, no taskscheduler in windows. no silent cleanup. no w7 superfetching / prefetching and all that ****...

and it is not the maxing out of the vram (see screenshot)
    as well as i am using the lowest graphical settings for the test.
    also i dont overclock...

screenshot:
    [​IMG]

the behaviour is always the same... this happens every 2-5 minutes almost randomly and does not seemingly have to do anything with entering a wide area or something like that. or with moving fast.
    and when the CPU spike occurs the fps drop down to ~5-20 and any input is delayed, basically i am vulnerable for about 0.5-1 second.
    it also can occur that several spikes come after each other and the fps drop last longer... like up to 3-4 seconds.

i have some older screenshots, they are from before the new driver but the problem is the same.

[​IMG]

also i dont know if it may have anything to do with the mantle pipeline cache.
    i once tried to put that on a ramdisk drive. but it didnt change anything.
    also i use a ssd, so basically this shouldnt be a bottleneck here.

-> if i can do any kind of deeper traces i would be glad to help you and me with that.

because this is certainly an issue which is pretty guileful ... letting you enjoy a game @ good fps almost 95% stable ... interrupted by CPU spikes and FPS drops every 2-5 minutes that make the game unenjoyable.

thanks again for your time and efforts!!

EDIT: oh yeah i am running fullscreen, but i also tried borderless (w & w/o vsync etc...)

EDIT2: the fact that there is another mantle API and mantle driver version in some driver mentioned here in this thread that has a higher version/build number than this beta doesnt matter, or does it?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  19. LM2014

LM2014 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800XT
    Runs very well perhaps little little stutter :)

But only 1 GPU.

20. mustrum

mustrum Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 2080 TI
    Not on 295x2 but 290 but eyefinity works while omega and the last betas did not. They fixed it!