Download & Discuss AMD Catalyst 15.3 Beta Driver for Windows OS

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, Mar 20, 2015.

1. albertfu

albertfu Guest

GPU:
    290X 3-way CF/Fury CF
    Actually during installation everything was smooth

But after reboot, the driver can not be loaded and i have to disable driver signature enforcement

2. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    if i may ask a question not related to the topic?

when this driver goes whql shall we see any more changes, and will amd driver release schedule go back pre omega 14.12?

thank u

p.s good working driver

3. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    A while ago in that german downsampling thread someone said that they asked an AMD representative on Facebook or Twitter (?) if they would fix the issues with the DownsamplingGUI and they got the reply that AMD broke it on purpose.

It all makes sense now. If it still worked they couldn't announce VSR as a killer feature and force people to upgrade.

4. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    i cant tell because i run with testsigning enabled and integrity checks disabled as per default. also UAC is disabled in my system.
    dont have the time to knock on doors everytime i want to enter...

5. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i got a couple extra fps in DAI mantle.

6. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    Thank you for letting me know.

If anyone has this issue, please post about it here. :)

There will not be such a long gap between future releases, don't worry. :)

7. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    The scaler is an ASIC. its support components, not part of the GPU. there are some rudimentary controls in the bios.

Obviously it evolves and is upgraded over time and revision.

Earlier versions are not going to have the same capabilities as the newest.

I can assure you, they are not "non-exsistant"

SSAA is a fiixed function hardware algorithm within the GPU itself, it does not use the scaler. Nor does it actually use "downsampling". At the expense of oversimplifying, it basicallly chops the frame up into pieces and runs its algorithm on the pieces and puts them back together. That is a massive oversimplification, but you get the picture.

Thats very different than rendering the entire frame at a higher res and having the scaler shrink it down to your monitors res.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  8. rockenren

rockenren Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    4+ months I assume?

9. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The quote from NVIDIA literally says that it renders it in higher resolution and that it then downscales.
    What about cases of people who have their 7970s successfully flashed to R9 280x (like I did)? Where everything works, including all the ports, sleep, everything. Will the driver crash and burn because I might or might not have an unspecified ASIC that supposedly changes between CARBON COPY PCB's and silicon?

Even if all that is true, let's take that for a moment. Why don't they give us custom resolutions? Why did they intentionally broke the ONLY way we had of doing this? Can't you see how sh*tty all this is?

I care more about the doublespeak and the shadyness and all the rest of the lies they say, than anything else.

We know they are the underdog, but they need to communicate better with the very few people they have left supporting them. Cutting off support to products that could perform perfectly well isn't the way to go from 17% GPU share back to 30%. I am sure that everybody in here would have no problem if they were forthright for once. In the end their supposed "openess" is the only thing that separates them from that other band of thieves.

10. crkwhr

crkwhr Member Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080ti sc2
    How many times does this have to be said to you.. One company uses a software solution and the other uses a hardware solution to get to the same point regardless of who invented it. Move on.. Nice all your 53 posts on this topic.. rage much? And what do you mean band of thieves? They are a company and need to get revenue on current product to keep development for current and future product ongoing.

11. pepsodent2010

pepsodent2010 Guest

GPU:
    amd radeon 8850m 2GB
    after 3 months of waiting for a new driver to solve the problem with my 8850m and AC Unity because it has a glitch at omega driver after i install that driver the game stop working Lol what are you guys do
    the game was working good at 14.11.2 beta but the frame rate was very low then after omega the frame rate was high but there was a glitch with your driver then with 15.3 beta the game stop working
    amd is very bad at drivers i reccomend to close the company and open pizza shop if you cant make a good driver
    never buy amd stuff again after 4 years of bad drivers begin with 7770 that i bougth when it release

12. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Im assuming you dont have a backgound in electronics.

Upgrading a componant doesnt require a PCB revision if its "pin compatable", although i can guarantee you there are between 7970/280/x.

I can assure you the boards are in no way "carbon copies". They are multiple layers, and you cannot see all the traces as they are covered by laminate.

Newer scaler=newer features. The 285 has the newest scaler, so it gets the newest features.

flashing your 7970 to a 280 doesnt suddenly give you a new sclaler. it still ahs the same limitations. What you have done is potentially gimp it by using a bios not designed for it.

im not sure what the quote form nvidia has to do with anything, yes, DSR renders it at a higher res, then downsamples it. So does VSR. However, VSR relies on the scaler to do the downsampling. WIth nvidia its done with software which is effectively slower.

Harware is a more elegent solution in the end as it isnt held hostage to driver bugs and software incompatibilities.

13. Seth-01

Seth-01 Member Guru

GPU:
    VTX3D R9 290 947/1250
    to when another driver performance for mono GPU ? :banana:

14. albertfu

albertfu Guest

GPU:
    290X 3-way CF/Fury CF
    It has been 2 years that i want to know how to permanently disable driver signature enforcement... i needed it for eGPU implementation at that moment

the testsigning is on in BCD since a long time and working fine

but for the driver signature enforcement, i tried these 5 entries and none of them worked...

bcdedit /set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    bcdedit /set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS ON
    bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS ON
    bcdedit /set nointegritychecks ON

also in group policy i set the driver signature one to IGNORE, later tried to disable it, but no avail

also tried the DSEO found here, no luck :
    http://www.*****.com/home.php?page=dseo

could someone tell me how to disable it permanently ?

15. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Can I haz the slower even as a freakin' option then? And an explanation on why it was blocked in the first place?

16. realismo

realismo Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 390x Gaming 8G
    Try that:

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS Press ENTER
    bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

17. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    as i said on the last page, asking for a software solution is a lot more constructive than raging because you dont have the necessary hardware for its current implementation.

I wouldn't hold you breath however, as that money needed to develope that solution is better spent elsewhere.

18. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    to enable Test Mode
    bcdedit /set {current} TESTSIGNING ON
    bcdedit /Set {current} loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

19. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    To be fair, it is. But the reason I am raging is not because I might not have the necessary hardware. It's because they say things and they take them back constantly.

Anybody remember the frame limiter?

Anybody remember when they promised that the rest of GCN cards would get VSR in the "January/February timeframe" in 2015?

Now it is the 7970 that can't get things that the R9 280x has, for supposedly "hardware" reasons that frankly I don't believe. They themselves were quoting to the press that they "needed to explore new ways of doing VSR" on the rest of their GCN hardware. Now we have a community manager telling us after pressure that not all of their hardware is going to take it.

Even if I believe them, and it is indeed like that, they should have said that they were trying to at least give it to us in software mode like NVIDIA.

20. albertfu

albertfu Guest

GPU:
    290X 3-way CF/Fury CF
    thank you, guys !

but unfortunately they didn't work for me...

i doubted that testsigning should be enabled in same session as "disable integrity check", so i turned it off, reboot, turned it on+disable integrity check as you guys said, but no luck