Download & Discuss AMD Catalyst 15.3 Beta Driver for Windows OS

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, Mar 20, 2015.

1. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Agree...

However I am on Win 10 build 10041 and have a totally different and new set of WDDM 2.0 drivers and having no issues either but can't fully test them.

2. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Are you speaking about switchable graphics? As I am running win 10 build 10041 with the Latest AMD drivers ( newer then then 15.3 beta ones) with no issue even in crossfire.

3. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Yeah, seriously. But like I even said, there's a lot of NEWER games, too, that just aren't graphical power houses, that come out (like my example, Life is Strange), that also could just as well benefit from it.

Not every game out there is Battlefield and Crysis. Most games aren't that demanding.

4. TorrentG2

TorrentG2 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 7790 2 GB OC
    Yes, 100% enthusiastically agreed. 7790 2GB ASUS OC here, but that doesn't matter. The drivers have been perfect for me.

Just introducing myself to the community, I go by various names, but mostly you know me as TorrentG. I do understand there are crossfire/sli funk stuff here and there, but for all the stuff I have ever helped people with I'd say a fair 85-90% of issues blamed on companies are actually user errors.

In some parts, M$ oses are the cause of their BSODs. You dig what I'm sayin'?

If you have some tough issue to sort, shoot me a message anytime guys. I enjoy the sort of thing. Maybe one day I setup an optional paypal but I just do it 'cause I love it.

5. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000

Yup I am speaking about switchable graphics. But not about crossfire.

Specifically, Switchable Intel HD first generation + AMD Mobility 5xxx devices.

These 2 threads pretty much define everyone who is affected by the bug.

It only affects a specific spec as Dalby and I have already mentioned.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...tlooping/5d8dea79-194d-4f42-a0a6-8eb3893175ab

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-961b-4b86-bf62-48af7f91fc97?tm=1419337130281

Around 100 users who reported on this.

6. MSIOCGenie

MSIOCGenie Guest

GPU:
    2x 280X
    I'm also curious, regarding VSR. Considering your explanation of why it won't work on 7970, but will work on 280X, I assume it won't work on 7970's that have been flashed to 280X's?

7. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    What I got with these drivers was higher stable overclock and better performance all around. :)

8. jeckop

jeckop Guest

GPU:
    2xR9-290-H2O@1100/1400
    Concerning ubisoft games, have to say Far cry 4 is bad (bf4 profile works better), assassins creed unity is working good instead, 1800p with VSR maxed (no game work features) and FXAA.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Some 7970's cant be flashes some can, maybe thats how they will separate them.

10. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Do keep us updated regarding VSR on R9 270/270X/280/280X and as soon as it's been added; only then would I even consider an upgrade (or jump ship to Nvidia) depending on your final decision, please, don't disappoint us.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015

11. JonMS

JonMS Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980Ti FTW
    That's odd I'm experiencing the opposite. FC4 works great and AC:Unity is giving me problems. I got better performance from the press driver.

12. solo16

solo16 Active Member

GPU:
    7900XTX OC
    Just tested this driver clean install with DDU and manual delete all remaining folder on C: drive.

On 3DMarks FireStrike (Demo/Trial version) got about 400 marks increase to 10923. And the overclocking is more stable than Omega. Previously at my current oc profile which is 1100/1500 @ +75mv it randomly show "white dots" during the test but with this latest driver it runs very smoothly without any anomaly.

cheers!

13. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Absolutely no reason whatsoever for me to use these drivers.
    Needless to say when it's time for me to do a new vid card I will be exploring all my options.
    Red Team Fail.

14. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Awesome :)

So that people with 7950/7970s with exact same hardware don't get the feature because of a BIOS name string.

Go AMD :)

:bang:

15. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    JonMS use BF4.exe cf profile with Unity, works much better.

10x better than the normal ACU profile rofl. ****ing ironic. :D

If this is seriously true then AMD can go **** themselves. (Or for whatever reason there was) (Sorry for the profanity)

16. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    What if I have crossfire with an R9 280x and a 7970?

What about the people who were getting THE EXACT SAME FUNCTIONALITY THROUGH A REGISTRY TRICK?

What about people who have converted their 7970s to R9 280x with complete and correct functionality?

What about NVIDIA that supports it down to the GTX4xx level from half a freakin' decade ago?

To be fair to the 5000 series guys, anything that can do supersampling should be able to do this, and everybody knows it, but we get your support pain and we accept certain hardware as "old".

This is getting ridiculous lately.

17. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Yes it is. Not all of us play the latest Crysis only. There is a ton of new games out that could benefit from it, even with hardware as half as good as the 7970. And if a dude can code that, there is no reason to believe that the driver team in AMD can't, unless it's a matter of politics.

18. TorrentG2

TorrentG2 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 7790 2 GB OC
    To clarify and in addition to what I was saying: "user error"

By that, I also mean that you might be doing things that SHOULD work but do not. Let me explain and maybe this can get resolved (I don't see this as "issue" however.)

When I have PowerDVD playing (I think most or all versions) and I open the graphs in ASUS GPU Tweak, it causes BSODs.

So - that would be user error by trying to open the graph - even if you didn't realize it was the actual cause. Things like that.

And then yes - there also are clear cut cases of user error too. (Like having Daemon Tools sptd.sys on the system or Hamachi :p )

I'll test it out. Maybe it's already fixed.

19. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Different PCB for some manufacturers. Others (eg Sapphire) have exactly the same.

20. Greglaz120

Greglaz120 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280 3 GB

I'm pretty sure the only card here that can do a CLEAN 4K through VSR, is 285 with ONLY 2 GB's.The rest that have VSR (290,290X,295X2) show signs of 3200X1800 as max resolution, and they all have 4 GB's memories except 295X2 with 8 GB's.Yes that's right.The 2GB Vram GPU just owned the rest with TWICE the smaller memory size, and can do 4K.And then ppl say that 4K isn't enough for 2 GB's.I do agree at some point, but look at this.A 2 GB card can have 4K while it's bigger brothers won't.Ain't this a *****

Even when 270,270X,280,280X will get VSR, i'm sure they will give us again the same max resolution of 3200X1800.At least Nvidia gives DSR even in 1 GB Vram GPU's.If they decide to go crazy, they do it all the way without limitations.