Download: AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.8.2 Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Newbie2012, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Newbie2012

Newbie2012 Active Member

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 8GB-CustomLoop
    :D http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-software-crimson-relive-17-8-2-driver-download.html

Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.8.2 Highlights

Support For

• F1™ 2017
      • Up to 4% performance improvement measured on Radeon RX Vega 64 graphics when compared to Radeon Software Crimson ReLive edition 17.8.1(1)
    • PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS™ Early Access
      • Up to 18% performance improvement measured on Radeon RX Vega 64 graphics when compared to Radeon Software Crimson ReLive edition 17.8.1(2)
    • Destiny™ 2 Beta
    Fixed Issues

• Display may blank or go black after install upgrade with Radeon RX Vega Series graphics products.
    • Random corruption may appear in Microsoft desktop productivity applications on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
    • The "Reset" option in Radeon Settings Gaming tab may enable the "HBCC Memory Segment" feature instead of setting it to the default disabled state.
    • Radeon WattMan may not reach applied overclock states on Radeon RX Vega series graphics.
    • Unable to create Eyefinity configurations through the Eyefinity Advanced Setup option.
    Known Issues

• Mouse stuttering may be observed on some Radeon RX graphics products when Radeon WattMan is open and running in the background or other third party GPU information polling apps are running in the background.
    • GPU Scaling may fail to work on some DirectX®11 applications.
    • Windows Media Player may experience an application hang during video playback if Radeon ReLive is actively recording desktop.
    • Secondary displays may show corruption or green screen when the display/system enters sleep or hibernate with content playing.
    • After resuming from sleep and playing back video content the system may become unresponsive on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
    • Bezel compensation in mixed mode Eyefinity cannot be applied.
    Footnotes

• (1) Testing done by AMD Performance Labs as of July 27, 2017, using an Intel Core i7 7700K (@4.2GHz), 2x8GB DDR4-3000 MHz memory, and Windows® 10 (64bit). PC manufacturers may vary configurations yielding different results. At 4K running the game F1 2017, the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 (8GB) system with Radeon Software 17.8.1 scored 54.0 frames per second and the system with Radeon Software 17.8.2 scored 56.0 frames per second. This results in a 4% increase in performance with Radeon Software 17.8.2. All times an average of 3 test runs. Results are estimates and may vary. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RS-175
    • (2) Testing done by AMD Performance Labs as of July 27, 2017, using an Intel Core i7 7700K (@4.2GHz), 2x8GB DDR4-3000 MHz memory, and Windows® 10 (64bit). PC manufacturers may vary configurations yielding different results. At 4K running the game Player Unknown's Battlegrounds, the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 (8GB) system with Radeon Software 17.8.1 scored 28.5 frames per second and the system with Radeon Software 17.8.2 scored 33.6 frames per second. This results in an 18% increase in performance with Radeon Software 17.8.2. All times an average of 3 test runs. Results are estimates and may vary. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RS-173

2. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700 XT N+
    Thanks for the post! Very excited to see Destiny 2 Beta support. Can't wait to give that a try soon.

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Not too much of a difference against the atiapfxx.blb file of 17.8.1 but then again it's only been a short while since that driver was released. :)

Overwatch, Watch_Dogs (1) and Dishonored 2 - Crossfire profile updates.
    F1 2017 - "Dxx" profile added.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    AMD currently.

DRIVERS? YOU WANT DRIVER!? HERE HAVE DRIVERS!

I hope they fix this.

"Mouse stuttering may be observed on some Radeon RX graphics products when Radeon WattMan is open and running in the background or other third party GPU information polling apps are running in the background."

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Overnight? Guess when I downloaded these from AMD yesterday they already had the newer version then since I checked and it still shows August 24th for the download in it's name.

Must have been some quick hotfix I suppose, though 17.8.2 in general feels a bit like that overall with some additional Vega fixes but a couple of games getting supported too. :)
    (Only a few days after 17.8.1 was released out of it's earlier Beta 6 version heh.)

Still a few known issues for Vega though in those release notes, maybe a 17.8.3 will follow shortly?
    (Or just 17.9.1 though that Wattman and input lag issue sounds annoying so sooner rather than later would be preferred for having that dealt with though it might be Vega GPU's only from how it's worded.)

EDIT: Well what do I know, but the sooner they can start wrapping up the known Vega issues and work out any performance deficiencies the better, PUBG is gaining popularity so having that supported is a good thing and Destiny 2's PC beta might be a bit of a big thing too depending on how long they'll have it running. (Though I think you have to pre-order to get access to it?)

7. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    PUBG is now supported, but my question it... They said improvements on vega cards, but this mean that the driver improve fps even on older, but still supported gpus, like hd 7750 etc?

8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Yes.

9. deadinhollywood

deadinhollywood Member

GPU:
    Aorus RX580XTR 8GB
    Or not. The anserw to that isn't simple.

10. d0X

d0X Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2070S Ventus
    It seems they fixed the WattMan bug with voltages not sticking. It has some volt drop, about one or two steps, but not a problem.

s0x likes this.

11. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Looks like VEGA has become the new low for frying pans.

12. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 560 w8 4 Vega 56
    WattMan now works fine. Finally.

13. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    ddu, installed drivers, crimson panel wont event start in system tray at boot, aside from that i cant even call the panel from the right click desktop, and just browsing something quick from Facebook reset my driver.

Freesync on my cfg70 still strobes brightness with games and the windmill amd demo.

sad day, im about to swap my rx for my gtx 780ti, if im only gonna work with 144hz, then whats the point of having my rx470?

14. s0x

s0x Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8G
    Yeah It seems like it. Applied 1150mv, it goes up-to 1.125~1.131volts.

But it still forgetts and spikes the voltage above what is configured in Wattman and setting a voltage, closing wattman and launching something like Google Chrome with some 3D load running (fire strike demo) the voltage is forgotten allowing it to push more voltage than configured.

It's like it reverts to auto-voltage.

-- edit --
    Left to Right:
    17.8.2 August24, 17.7.2 July 27, 17.7.1 July 10 , 17.6.2 June 13
    https://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/13454143/fs/13228407/fs/13195382/fs/12882090

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  15. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Feel so bad for people when they say, ''YEA AMD YOU HAVE THAT BUG, I WISH I HAD BOUGHT NVIDIA GTX BLABLA I WILL CHANGE TO NVIDIA BYE BYE AMD''

I really feel so bad.

Good luck with your 780 bug free. :rolleyes:

16. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S A|480 X
    Weird, as with the previous driver I had to manually scan installed games for them to appear on the gaming tab.
    Now it only seems to list Steam games, unlike in the past.

17. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 560 w8 4 Vega 56
    Mhmm, you are right. It's not works so well. I tried to forced P7 to 1050mV but it seems that voltage is higher, 1081mV. Since I have not reached 1090mV, WattMann applied voltages well but I couldn't set lower because then voltages jump to 1080mV. Half succes for me 'cause I can't change voltage on 17.7.2 and 17.8.1. Yay :| I didn't notice voltages forgetting releated to various software.

18. PedroNF

PedroNF Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 570 4GB
    With 17.8.1 and 17.8.2 I lose at least 20-25 FPS on average in PUBG with my RX 570 compared to the pre-Vega drivers. Only thing they fix for me is MSI Afterburner. Staying on 17.6.2 for now.

19. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 560 w8 4 Vega 56
    Gosh, WattMan still doesn't work. Still forgots voltages. Totally useless for me.

20. s0x

s0x Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8G
    Small update: I've set the voltages with OverdriveNTool and it seems to be sticking. After 1 hour of Dirt 4 voltage didn't went above the value configured.

Still, Wattman is borked.