Download: AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.8.3 drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 27, 2020.

1. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    I also get driver resets while watching youtube videos with h264 and vp9 on my Vega 56 with Edge (Chromium) , but so far I have only tested it while also using MSI Afterburner with an undervolt of -112 mV. There are no problems in games with that setting but that could be too low for web browsing... also disabling hw video decode makes no difference. In the past it was better behaving when undervolting through Wattman.

itpro and GamerBoyManuel16 like this.
  2. GamerBoyManuel16

GamerBoyManuel16 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    When i posted my rant post i was just really anoyed by the problem
    i just don't get it what's the problem in fixing the issue :(

I'm really disappointed about AMDs driver quality and problems with their control center/overlay etc (it's all soo bloaty)

Direfield, ms178 and itpro like this.
  3. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    With AMD it's all at end-user's fault. ATI is just Ruby, nothing more nothing less. RDNA 2 is close and there are so many issues. 06-Sept-20 today. If I don't see people happy with 20.9.1 this week, RTG ship goes down hard, sales of nvidia this month and next one will be unreal just before consoles launch. AMD really needs some positive feedback of people being happy. There should be a handful of people spreading AMD fixed gpu drivers!

GamerBoyManuel16 likes this.
  4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I actually have that with GTX 1070 form time to time too. It seems to be a browser issue.

By the way, Navi users, can someone post a screenshot about custom video settings section? On my Renoir laptop there's only brightness setting.... Did they nerf the settings?

GamerBoyManuel16 likes this.

5. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    R9 380 - Custom settings for video are there.

6. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Just brightness here too

Anarion likes this.
  7. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Yeah but what's actually in there?

8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Sharpness / Vibrance / Steady Video / Fluid motion video / Brightness

And the ready profiles of course , cinema / sports etc

9. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Amd suite is bloatware. You have no settings. Not even half of nvidia settings. So yeah, it is nerfed. According to amd end-users, don't need more.

I wish they announced the return of CCC with rdna2. Then perhaps they could snatch sales from nvidia.

GSDragoon likes this.
  10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    So basically they greaty reduced video related features in GPUs with VCN... How nice. Also according to Wikipedia fluid motion got removed too. I wouldn't be surprised if RDNA2 GPUs lacked AV1 decoding too.

11. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    V56 here, same thing.

12. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    What you guys saying?
    Those missing?

I have them all :S

Edit:

I read it wrong.

Features are missing only on Navi?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    z8373767 likes this.
  13. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Yep, same here :)

14. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    yeah all missing on navi it seems

15. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    WAAAHHHHH!

16. Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice Active Member

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT 8G
    For real. All that user does in the AMD forum is post complaints, not sure if they're trying to bait or what.

Just go for NVIDIA and get out of this section then, jeez.

17. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Soon tm. You are toxic people here. I have ATI since 1998 and rage128, then I upgraded to all in wonder radeon in 2002 before switching to nvidia. Finally back to amd for more than 10 years. So what? AMD did worse to ATI. I want all my settings and stable drivers? Am I asking too much? I do not like Radeon Settings. I do not need OSD from AMD. I do need more freedom to change settings. Still AMD is unable to provide settings like Radeon Pro application and Radeon Mod tool. We are hard locked as amateurs. I do not care if you dislike my opinions, may my radeon gpu burn if I do care.

Fight anyone who has bugs. Report mod or put me in a jail, I am an enemy. I take likes if I say AMD is perfect, great, smooth, I get "love". If I dare to criticize, I am your demon. Most of you have never pushed yourselves as an engineer of either software or hardware. You do not deserve a guru title.

And if you have a belief that I always complaint, see other users here in AMD section. We get ignored just for telling our problems with AMD software/hardware. Either ignored, or stamped like "noobs", users' fault, everything works here! etc etc etc. I wonder what do you offer in users reading this section here? You always love to say everything works! No bugs! So what's the purpose of this forum? Of those threads' section? I really want you to answer me, if you really believe that you are normal people here. Am I guilty just for telling my issues? You really need some serious "medication".

pharma and OnnA like this.
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It would be pretty cool if there was a little control panel for just setting settings for games and then the overclocking/performance page.... that's it, no internet browser, no recording software, no analytics, no bloat... just a slim little control panel.

Imagine my surprised when I heard booming noise while uninstalling the new 2020 version of a freaking video card driver, like who at AMD thought that was a smart idea... hey lets have the uninstaller play sound, that's a great idea everyone will love it, especially people who have their speakers turned up to 11

Direfield likes this.
  19. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I've been using ATI since the x850xtx days.
    I've been going back and forth from AMD to Nvidia throughout the years.
    And both have their fair share of driver problems.

However, as of recent, 12 months or so, I will admit that I've had the worst experience with AMD that I've ever had with either camp in years past.
    The problem started immediately after I installed the 5700xt from my fury where I was intro'd to the black screen problem. Never have I had such an issue like that before. Over time it got sorted.

But just when I though that was over I soon realized the following issues:
    -Missing Custom IQ settings for Video Profile (Sharpness / Vibrance / Steady Video / Fluid motion video / (Custom Brightness is the only option available))
    -Broken Freesync when exiting from Modern Warfare to desktop. Also "Games" don't offer any indicator of GPU Compatibility for MW indicating a driver profile issue overall. Turning the monitor on/off fixed it. But other games works just fine.
    -Broken, depreciated Advance IQ features within Adrenalin: AF doesn't work. No replacement for AA like TAA/FXAA, etc for DX12. And no real understanding for "10-Bit Pixel Format vs Color Depth. But I digress.
    -Features that's been promoted at one time then remove: (FTRC, Global Cache toggle, Fluid Motion, etc)
    -Broken Recording feature once I installed the AE-7 (Sound Blaster Command) audio card. In which I now have to Enable Separate Microphone Track in order to get it to work again. I had to figure this out all by my lonesome as there is absolutely no info on this.

Another point I’m making about the missing and added features is the fact its whimsically done randomly. With no input from the community. And with no proper information. For example 10 bit pixel format is, in my opinion, in the wrong location of the driver GUI. It should be placed right next to Color depth. Along with a warning.

Another example is the removal of FRTC. Which was made more complicated using Radeon chill. I am now using the arrow keys on my keyboard to gingerly tap left and right to get to the right numeric value. All that was needed was some ability’s to manually input the 3 digit number without having to do this twice!!

These missing/added features with no “in app” documentation within the driver GUI. And a lack of communication. Which requires unnecessay research on your own to understand.

Global Cache Toggle is another feature randomly removed without the community input. Now we have to resort to registry edits to compensate for it. To this date there has been no official word as to why it even bothered with. It’s like we’re at the whims of a first week old college intern drunk with power.

All of this has come about since I've owned the 5700xt. No kidding. This isn't a exaggeration. The number of issues I've had with the 5700xt are astronomical. And this is by no means a nitpick. All of these broken, missing features impact how I use my 5700xt on the daily bases. So, I do what everyone would do, report them. Time and time again, I've reported them and you know how many of these got on the list of known bugs? 0..nada, zilch. So yes, I'm a bit cynical that this reporting feature is nothing more then a marketing tactic.

Don't get me wrong, the drivers "work" and I've seen "improvements". However, the above issues look to carry over to the new 6000 series cards. I'm not known for "complaining". However, I have created threads with problems I've had in an attempt to fix them as demonstrated in this forum.

I cannot in good conscience continue to support AMD GPUs in the future with the drivers throwing me such a curve ball of missing features and bugs. The likes of which I've never seen before, EVER! And I've defended AMD in the past regarding this.

When I had my fury it was just a slower card, My only reason for getting a new card was because I wanted a faster card. That's all. But this time when I upgrade it's to get away from this hackney and stilted circular driver issues. That see no light of day!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    Jackalito, pharma, Direfield and 2 others like this.
  20. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Jackalito and TUMIK like this.