Download: AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.8.3 drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    I wouldnt say AMD prioritize new cards totally in drivers

the r9 280 i had just kept getting better and better with optimizations over the years i had it

well until it burned a sad death .. rip

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Yes, especially if you play newer tittles.

LocoDiceGR, SpecChum and Krteq like this.
  3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    If it works then why?
    Im waiting for next WHQL and then insta install -> i hope it will be 20.8.3 (it is good for UE games).

4. Normally I don't care at all about checking for updates in driver control panels, but I decided to give it a try today. And amazingly, it didn't work. If AMD is going to ship this bloated mess of a control panel... it'd be nice if it at least shipped with working features. My bad; didn't have the preferred software version at Optional like zheega below mentioned.

I also see no mention (neither known nor fixed) about OCCT video memory test being broken on all newer drivers (thread); normally I don't care to be debugging driver issues let alone report them, and I went out of my way for that too and even provided AMD exact driver versions when it broke (reported through their bug report tool). Mildly disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2020
    Jouven likes this.

5. zheega

zheega Active Member

GPU:
    RX6800XT
    Driver update doesn't work because you have set "preferred software version" to just "recommended", instead of "recommended + optional". Recommended will only give you the next WHQL version.

Deleted member 282649 likes this.
  6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I've been using NVidia cards since the GF5 days....and every issue I've had, has either been minor (SLI profile issues) or hardware related (9600GT causing black screens, GTX460 going up in flames, GTX560Ti producing black screen at stock clocks).....

I've seen a lot of people over the years go from "red team" to "green team" and carry the exact same complaints from 1 forum section to the other..... Seems that you can't fix a configuration issue by replacing the graphics card....

The drivers are WDDM 2.7..... HAGS isn't a requirement for WDDM2.7
    HAGS also produces wildly different results per title. In some instances, it provides a miniscule improvement. In some instances, it provides a performance reduction. In some instances, it causes "undesired affects"..... In any case, it's nothing but a gimmick right now. LTT did a video explaining what it is and what it's supposed to do and not do. GN did a video showing differences with and without HAGS. (spoiler: performance benefits are miniscule, performance losses are measurable and "undesired affects" will be game breaking for a lot of people).

I doubt AMD cares about fixing anything to do with OCCT....

Spider-Vice likes this.
  7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    With all of my previous Nvidia cards I found the the driver would crash all the time just on windows desktop, guessing they have fixed that by now but yeah that was a big one for me with 8800GTS SSC, 8800 Ultra Leviathan, GTX 460, GTX 470.

8. shredderman

shredderman Active Member

GPU:
    Galax RTX 3060 12GB
    I remember the GTX 500 series having VRAM issues back in the day where the drivers would cause graphic glitches. At least those days are over ;)

9. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Lets get back on topic and leave the greens to their own threads eh

Eastcoasthandle and Krteq like this.
  10. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Exactly, stop the off topic...maybe 20.9.1 this week!

Eastcoasthandle and Passus like this.

11. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Are there any games known for release this week?

12. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
  13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    yeah... uh

that was either a hardware or system config issue.

itpro likes this.
  14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    When I went with an AMD video card I never had the issue again, I just figured it was a combination of everything else that made up the system that the nvidia card didn't like.

Either way all good now.

15. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    guys, I know this has prolly been asked already but... do you have the hardware scheduling toggle in Windows configuration screen? (I tried with registry, but idk where to see if enabled)

16. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    HAGS is not enabled in this driver. There was a HAGS 20.5.1 driver for 5700 cards posted here in the forums. HAGS doesn't bring much improvements thou /// as also posted here in this thread.

Black_ice_Spain likes this.
  17. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    thanks! thought that :( but they closed 20.5.1 thread like "go into 20.7.1" and I thought it was in the main branch already xP

my pc is quite cpu-limited so was hopping for some luck :)

18. GamerBoyManuel16

GamerBoyManuel16 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    New Edge Youtube Video Playback is still broken with Vega 56

Damn AMD the browser exists for months now and since months it's unstable and has problems

With this driver it may not crash anymore but Fullscreen video playback has some scaling issues (it's not really fullscreen, has grey bars left and right and flickers somehow)

itpro likes this.
  19. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    I had GPU's from the GTX480 up to the GTX1070. I only changed to a RX5700XT four months ago and never once have I had any issues with Nvidia drivers in ten years

itpro likes this.
  20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Lucky you?

I'm all good now... no issues here.