Download: AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.2.2 driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    I still have the same issues as with 19.2.1
    I reported that issue again via AMD Issue Reporting Form

2. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Pulse
    i think it is relive related

3. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    ReLive is not installed at all.

4. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    So "answering question with a question" - we have a smart@55 huh?
    What about fixing existing problems in completely bugged DUAL GRAPHICS (which CAN actually play games at 1080p low/med ?) and I am talking mostly about bugged HW accel. Video/Browser when in power save mode --> why use the dedicated, power hungry one, when at least that should run without any problems on the integrated (power savvy) one etc. ?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019

5. timiman

timiman Member

GPU:
    2xR9-290 Asus DCU-II
    I have experienced many random freezes with 19.2.2 on Crossfire'd R9 290s.
    Strangely, because I have a Logitech G19 keyboard with my own G19 SmartProcess applet showing the vital temps, fans and voltage readings,
    upon the PC freezes, it displays a temperature of 511oC on GPU1 -or sometimes on GPU2 !
    The applet retrieves the temperatures from MSI Afterburner (latest non-beta version), which I do not think is to blame.
    So, possibly are the drivers to blame -have not find out time to revert back to 18.12.x ones and check if freezes will go- or a GPU is slowly failing badly.
    The rest of the hardware is new and stable for 2 months.

PS. The most annoying thing is that if I'm going to connect through rdp, it will freeze 99.9999% !

6. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    Are you using Msi afterburner? if so dont use it. Oc with amd drivers and to have a osd use hwinfo osd with rtss. you just need to set up the hwinfo.

7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Any news on a driver update for DiRT Rally 2 or will they hold out on us until February 26th? I mean the game is already out for those who bought the deluxe edition or maybe that doesn't count?

8. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    ^ Dirt rally games are weaklings in graphics and always perform nicely with AMD H/W. I don't get the need for driver support like it's unplayable. :D

9. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Maybe next week.

Or wait for 19.3.1.

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Something is coming out next week at least.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/asiwgm/ryzen_mobile_driver_support_amd_twitter_stating/

https://twitter.com/AMDPC/status/1097984777121075200

Hopefully a new driver, hopefully not just a announcement about changes to the driver and improving the situation with mobile GPU driver support though both would be fine too!
    (And from the sounds of it for Ryzen owners it's about time this was rectified too.)

PrEzi likes this.

11. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Side note: do not try to play metro exodus on 380/x, game is unplayable at acceptable settings, i had to lower resolution to 1280x720 and put details to high to have framerate on acceptable to me level. Exodus is the same story as 2033 at launch. First time i was playing 2033 i had to do the same but on phenom II x4 b35 and radeon hd3850. I need top navi, now :p Also some users, me including, experience crash/infinite black screen loading right after intro and can't get into main menu, this problem is related to dx12 as switching to dx11 "fixes" this.

12. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Graphics in that game is nothing special, it just needs better optimization.

Strange Times likes this.
  13. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Metro exodus plays quite smoothly with almost interesting fps delivered in my overclocked rig. 2560*1080 @ ultra settings no problems at all. Extreme is unplayable though for my taste (45- fps). I wonder if drivers can further optimize it.

14. shakyor

shakyor Active Member

GPU:
    380x
    380x
    Ultra 1080p
    Rock solid 30fps with rtts cap

15. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Pulse
    anyone else experiency randoms black screen starting up windows? i can see the mainboard's bios POST, i can see the windows logo with spinning dots loading, and then i can hear that everything is working fine but in monitor (AOC G2790PX freesync) i have a message "signal not supported" (connected via displayport)

doing reset from the case "solves" the problem and then wattman says that everything is restored to factory settings (i do not have overclock)

after that i can shut down or restart the computer many times and it does not occur, since adrenalin installation it happened 4 times

i don't know if it is driver related, your opinion? thanks.

16. spectatorx

spectatorx Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    If this problem is present since before windows logo shows up then this is unrelated to gpu driver and you need to check other things. GPU itself may be faulty or display port cable or something going on with motherboard. To be honest such thing is not easy to properly investigate.

17. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Pulse
    no, before the windows logo is all fine

as i wrote, i can even see the windows spinning wheel. black screen comes when i should see the desktop

18. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S A|480 X
    19.2.3 are out (link).
    Edit: New dedicated forum tread: link

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    Jackalito and GSDragoon like this.
  19. Kutep0v

Kutep0v Member

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX 580 8GB
    It was once on some previous driver. Event Viewer spamming "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered".

20. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Pulse
    thanks for the feedback kutep0v

few other users in other forums experienced this so at least i am not alone