Download: AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.12.2 drivers

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    11pm here, start new driver installers.... didn't care about audio, only telegram in the background and silenced... and "BOOOOOM", audio with the setup launcher, thank you AMD to let me hated by my stupid neighbours.

3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    For high end users at least so far I haven't noticed any improvements for performance. Yeah, the new UI is nice I guess, but most higher end cards won't need Radeon Boost.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It would benefit more on midrange cards like me trying to run 1440p with 580. We just need more supported games.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    How intuitive and quick is it to get to settings now?

6. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 new features for GCN (ris and int scaling), 1 bug fixed (lav filters on freesync screens), tons of new bugs on the new control panel (random crahes, missing features in the sidebar, strange or wrong behaviours of the overlay). And tons of huge text, void space and.. damn, the window min width is more then 1280px...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  7. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Definitely. This is coming out right in time with the 5600 and 5500 coming soon.
    About the same I would say, just bigger text.

Undying likes this.
  8. Vananovion

Vananovion Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 16GB
    I updated only now and I gotta say, this has been a phenomenal release for me. I got Vega 56 Pulse with 64 bios and up until now I could only run it at about 1630 core and 980 memory with temps in high 70s and the card sounding like a jet engine. Now I can get to 1680 core and 1100 memory with temps under 70 at a reasonable volume. I don't know what AMD did, or maybe it was proper cleanup with DDU in safe mode, or maybe some GPU deity smiled upon me, but currently I am on cloud nine.

Had a bit of problem at the start though, where I would get this weird stutter ingame, but resetting and redoing my MSI Afterburner profile fixed it.

EDIT: Now that I think about, this seems too good to be true. I am going to validate the performance against the previous driver and update this.

EDIT2: So I cleaned the new driver via DDU in safe mode, installed 19.11.1 version and......

got the same performance as with the 2020 edition. Which leads me to the conclusion, that there was something seriously ducked up with my installation before. So sadly no magical performance gain, but at least I got my driver fixed and can fiddle with it more, which is still great.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  9. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Radeon Software
    Revision Number
    Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.2 Recommended (WHQL)
    File Size
    485 MB
    Release Date
    12/12/2019

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Well this new interface sure was confusing... all I wanted to do was downvolt state 7 because stock clocks on my card result in black screen when gaming.... took a little bit to figure that out *___*