Download: AMD chipset driver revision 1.9.27.1033

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 30, 2019.

1. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Good post, thanks :)

2. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Maha Guru

GPU:
    On Ryzen and recent versions of Windows 10 core parking is enable only if the power saving plane is selected on Windows, at least on default registry settings. Using balanced power plane will not enable core parking on recent versions of Windows 10, even if set 0% for the minimum value (which will be ignored according to the minimum power saving value detected at boot time.. you can find it in the system event log). Core parking is useless, especially on desktop, so it's not a big deal.. Core parking is also correctly detected by the task manager, if a core parking time is long enough, you will be able to see it just putting the mouse cursor upon the graphs..

Just because is set to 3900 MHz it doesn't consume the same if the core are most of the time in idle state then under computational processing. Yes, lowering the frequency (and the v-core) helps a lil bit in power saving, but most of the power is consumed only on loading times.
    Just leave it to default balanced (or Ryzen Balanced) and lower the minimum power value if it doesn't satisfied your idle power requirements.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  3. fry178

fry178 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 X@2GHz
    Having lower V and about 10 C less when i use the power saving profile (set to 0/100, vs 99/10)0 is fine for me to do non gaming tasks.
    i dont need 6 cores to clock at 3.6 ghz to surf the net, just because it takes 1ms longer for cores to wake up.

and if any stating it will impact gaming, should have read my post properly.
    i never recommended power savings profile for gaming, and i use/tell ppl to use around 15-20% for min (or track cpu load and use a little more than avg),
    and 100% for max on the balanced profile, and switch to that when gaming/encoding etc.
    but i still see lower V/temps, without any negative impact on fps vs 99/100.

4. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    well using ryzen balanced leaving it to 90 minimum as set default still downclocks in idle, so is fine for me like this. The max power is set 100 by default on that profile

5. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 GAMING OC
    Hear Hear! :cool:

6. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PC VEGA64 Red Devil
    Pardon my extremely noob question, do I simply install this chipset driver for my X570 Aorus Xtreme? Do I need to uninstall anything first? This is my first AMD build since the good old Phenom II (X6 1100T) and Bulldozer (FX8350) days (had both rigs at the same time)

7. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 GAMING OC
    Not a noob question at all - I have a tendency to uninstall/clean install. It's not required; AMD's intention is to allow "in-place upgrades" with all drivers. No harm no foul. The only reason I uninstall, is to erase any settings I have modified that AMD defaults resolve in newer updates.

fry178 likes this.