Downclocking - stop now plox!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by DeFade, Mar 1, 2012.

1. DeFade

DeFade Active Member

GPU:
    SapphireToxic R9 280X 3GB
    Hi,

I guess this isn't exactly a driver issue but I suppose the solution is probably driver related.

The game in question is Pro Evolution Soccer 2012. It's extremely lightweight to run and therein lies the problem. I've been keeping an eye on my clocks while playing and they are dropping to 2d levels, which seems to be making my controls a little unresponsive. During online play this is a death sentence.

I first got around this by throwing some eye candy at it via ccc, and with some forced aa and af the clocks stayed up. But, probably because of this being a crappy port, the controls again seem sticky and unresponsive in spite of a solid 60fps.

I tried setting 2d and 3d profiles in Aferburner but the card seems to have a mind of it's own regarding this type of power management. So is there another program worth trying to set a OC profile that will override this behaviour? I wanted to try ATT but it seems to have died like RadeonPro. Is there anything else I can try before I dig out my 8800GT? :p

Thanks for any help.

edit
    To make this completely clear: Observing clocks on OSD controls become slower to respond when clocks drop, and are fine when they pop up again. Always seem crappy with any forced ccc settings.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  2. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    i play pes 2012 so far no issue.. previous driver gt some minor flickering (b4 version 12.x)

3. xacid0

xacid0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    Disable PowerPlay?

4. DeFade

DeFade Active Member

GPU:
    SapphireToxic R9 280X 3GB
    So your clocks stay at max while playing?

5. xacid0

xacid0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
  6. D1n

D1n Member

GPU:
    MSI 750 Ti GE
    You should try ATT. You can create a custom profile (oc, fan etc) just for pes12 and then switch to auto (ccc+powerplay) if you want. Also for more responsive controls you should try setting "flip queue size" to 1 or 0

7. NeuroFunkeR

NeuroFunkeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte NV WF3 670GTX
    what is powerplay anyway?:puke2:

8. D1n

D1n Member

GPU:
    MSI 750 Ti GE