Doubt about the soundcards and CPU Workload

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by SoulSlave, Jun 25, 2008.

1. SoulSlave

SoulSlave Member

GPU:
    PowerColor Radeon HD 4850
    Of course I can, BUT they are MUCH more expensive, you see here in Brazil we can get most of the things you can, but to get the latest ones, you have to pay a premium (the newer they are, the more expensive they get).

"But it's just like that in here too!" You might say...

Well, not quite, as in here, this difference tends to become exponential...

(that's the price I pay for having this lame government, who charges almost 120% on technology devices...)

2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Can't you get somebody to send you one from the US or Canada? I would imagine you would get a better deal if you bought it here and had it shipped. Check with Auzen as I am pretty sure they ship everywhere in the world. Buying factory direct would be much cheaper I think then buying one from a shop.

3. COOSTA

COOSTA Master Guru

GPU:
    GT650m 2GB
    Agreed,Asus xonar is really great card,better than xfi(in sound Quality):)and no problems with drivers in vista.

4. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Maybe better then a CL X-FI for sound quality as they have cheap DAC's and opamps.

5. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    Again, not all X-Fi's are made by Creative, I doubt it beats the Auzentech X-Fi Prelude on sound quality (especially in games) :)

6. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    Thats the problem, people keep thinking that all XFI are the same, the one from auzentech isnt. the xonar isnt better then the prelude with LMA4562a, also when you Slap in a OPA627/opa637. But its better then the creative XFI. Also the prelude drivers tend to be better then creative XFI drivers. When I was in vista I never did have problems with my prelude.

Some times i feel the prelude shouldnt have the XFI in its name, so people wouldnt think its totally the same. I would also agree with trying to get some one to send you a prelude from the usa to your country. Xonar isnt perfect with the EAX5.0 emulation. I remember a small list of games which it didnt sound right in EAX5.0 that I seen on another site by a user that had it. Unless they released a driver which fixed up there EAX 5.0 emulation. But then I rather have the actual EAX5 then the emultion of it.

But if you cant get any one to send you the prelude, then go with the Xonar.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  7. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    Wish I had the same mobo as you, I have problems with my Prelude that I think are caused by this VIA Chipset. :(

Doesn't mean it isn't an excellent card though, for watching DVDs and listening to music I wouldn't want anything else :)

Can't say about hardware acceleration in games as that is exactly what I have problems with, even some small problems with software accelerated sound, ah well, when I get a new mobo that should all change :)

Very happy with this card though, definitely feel it was worth the money I paid for it (Other people would be unsure if it is worth spending so much on a sound card, but trust me, it really IS worth it).

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008