DOOM Eternal

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2018.

1. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Some people seem to be 100% resistant vs. DLSS smearing issues, can't convince them otherwise.
    Mhmm, looks perfect:
    [​IMG]

But ya, it seems TSR in current Fortnite versions already is way better than any FSR 2 implementation. AMD needs to do better.

Undying likes this.
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Devil RX 6900 XTU
    Yeah TSR is really good and it will be supported in UE5 games.

3. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Trying out my new gigabit connection, not too shabby :D
    800.jpg

Looks like updating DLSS to latest version work now, updating to DLSS 2.5.1 and it pretty much beat Native without any sharpening (comparison), DLSS is a gift that keeps on giving LOL

pharma, GoldenTiger and Slave2Games like this.
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Devil RX 6900 XTU

5. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Why not use the latest version (3.1.13)?

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I recently replayed Doom 2016, and upon finishing it went into Doom Eternal.

I still prefer 2016.
    There are little things in Eternal that bug me, mostly changes to the presentation. The shift away from a strictly first person view, more arcadish design to pickups/floating weapons...
    Several of the new enemy designs I feel are a step back from 2016's more grisly look.

Mostly, the story in Eternal annoys me.
    Leaving big plot holes, not touching on where the Slayer was sent at the end of 2016, how the Hellpriests got his Super Shotgun... how do we suddenly have our own giant space station...
    The game opens with "You must find the hellpriests"... and the player is left thinking.. "Who are they? What are they?!"

BUT...
    I'm using ray tracing this time. And, while at times it looks nice, other times I feel... it's obnoxiously shiny. There are some areas that are so shiny and reflective it just looks... too much. Way too much.

Cave Waverider likes this.
  7. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac sff rtx4070s
    Same, Lots of style and substance to 2016 Doom.. :)

8. dezo

dezo Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yes, the "story" in Eternal is best ignored. An infantile fantasy that, together with the stupid hub between levels, makes no sense. Don't know why, but when I see all those knigths I have to think of Monty Python's Holy Grail, just the killer rabbit is missing. This was done much better in 2016 with some decent atmosphere, it even felt like a proper sci-fi at times. No such thing in Eternal, only iron skulls everywhere (heavy metal bitch!) and then arena shooting - jumping - fairy tale cutscene - repeat. But from technical point of view Eternal is impressive. If only other devs spend so much time optimizing their product like id did.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2023
  9. OpenSource Ghost

OpenSource Ghost Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Ti
    Can't get this game to launch offline. Why does SP require Internet connection? Another anti-piracy function?

I can't get it running over VPN either, but Doom 16 and countless other games (including Doom 2016) run fine over tunneled connection...

10. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    That has always been a thing that I can remember with id. They always had very shiny shaders back in Quake 3 Arena with everything maxed out.

11. chr!s

chr!s Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX™ 3080 TI
    update today removes Denuvo...
    "This minor update removes the Boosters feature on all platforms and removes Denuvo Anti-Tamper from DOOM Eternal."

Glottiz, Pale Horseman and Havel like this.
  12. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    The reason now was?

13. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    About same as doom 2016. They removed it randomly a long time post launch but they did it.

It's a decent move for longevity of the game, since it will be easier to preserve in case of steam/denuvo servers failure 20-30 years from now and such.
    I imagine they do this partially since it's a move people will appreciate and because IIRC upkeep of denuvo in game involves periodical payments to keep the authentication going so past certain point it becomes less financially viable to keep paying for it i guess.

BlindBison likes this.
  14. chr!s

chr!s Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX™ 3080 TI
    agreed, I see it's quite common for developers/publishers to remove denuvo after sometime.
    https://store.steampowered.com/curator/26095454-Denuvo-Games/list/38826
    Agree with skacikpl, I'm assuming there's some cost involved in keeping Denuvo active in your game.

15. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    I don't think I'll be playing games by then. o_O

16. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    So? Others will be.

GoldenTiger likes this.
  17. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger Master Guru

This. I'm glad they're eventually removing it... Helps with game preservation which is a big deal. A lot of games have been lost to time...

emperorsfist likes this.
  18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Contractual most likely.

Normally there is a specified time frame that Denuvo has to be in a game before it can be removed.

chr!s likes this.
  19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Devil RX 6900 XTU
    BlindBison likes this.
  20. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    Seems in the Microsoft leaks it mentions a new Doom game in the works, can't wait as the previous 2 are 2 of my recent favourites, hell I like them all. I bet the new engine will be jaw dropping, all next gen, no last gen consoles.

However I am slightly disappointed because I was looking forward to a quake remake which has sort of been hinted at. Maybe at this point let Machine Games do it after they finish up with Indiana Jones. Their quake expansions were excellent.