DOOM Eternal

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2018.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Launches with the game I suppose and activates before it can start up so it has to be readied early and there's no separate processes between the games MP mode and it's SP mode with online elements so even if these were disabled it would still run.
    Could still do like Watch_Dogs 2 and disable online if this isn't active but it would also allow players who aren't interested in MP and don't want to take any chances with this to just continue with the game as before.
    (Especially now that you have to tinker with the Steam client a bit to roll back earlier updates again, gee thanks Valve for blocking that much as it was probably dev or publisher interests behind the decision.)

I wouldn't really miss the XP and skin stuff.

[​IMG]

Much. :p

Twitch Prime exclusive though so it's a thing, kinda liked the classic outfit though even if DOOM Slayer can not get into figuring out battery chargers or at least keeping a good number of reserves in stock.

EDIT: Poking fun at it aside there's still something at least a bit metal about DOOM Slayer rip & tearing into a unicorn and wearing it's skin and hollowed out skull as a armor ornament...

And if you have the skills to back it up you can wear whatever and anyone poking fun at it will likely come to regret it.
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/RealMenWearPink/RealLife
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Wrestling/GeneLeBell

Anyways that's still something Bethesda could change but I don't see them doing it though who knows what the next major patch will bring. :)

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  2. Archvile82

Archvile82 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080ti FE
    At a guess the anti cheat is enabled in single player in prep for Invasion mode where potentially you could have cheaters screw up a players campaign by cheating.

Still I think some of the community could have handled this better and approached Bethesda and id with more composure.

I also think there are a small portion of players trying for a refund because they did not like the direction the game went in.

I hope this gets resolved soon because it seems unfair and sad for such a great game to be dragged through crap like this.

AsiJu likes this.
  3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Let's brighten things up with joke of the week:

Slayer: "So what's your problem?"

Demon: "I'm mortally challenged!"

Slayer: "I can help you with that..."

4. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Enforcing an anti-cheat for SP in any game never ends well. I'll gladly pass on the "invasions", since I don't really want anyone messing in my progress. This isn't Dark Souls, where it's a bit more "intrinsic" to the experience.

cerebus23 likes this.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Simple reason, start the driver once at start and don't require a polling loop - ie, just assume its working and communicate with it in the cases its used.

6. HellSpawn2097

HellSpawn2097 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX1070 8G
  7. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
  8. Turanis

Turanis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    cerebus23 likes this.
  9. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX3.0
  10. HellSpawn2097

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX1070 8G
    Considering all the negative critics on reddit, don't think id software had much other choice.

11. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070GTX
    iv finished it on the hardest difficulty on a second run. it was a lesser experience.. i enjoyed the game
    on the first play. it was very hard, at some points it was frustrating but i managed to finish it.

i don't recommend playing on the hardest diff if this is your first run. i like to play my games
    on harder diff, specially shooters but this one.. is too demanding. that's just me on it.

12. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
  13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    I'm all in for removing Denuvo but not too fond of this day and age where reddit (or resetera or w/e) vocal community gets to basically dictate what can and can't be in games.

Bitch and whine until it is done...

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    Archvile82 likes this.
  14. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    People shouldn't have had to bitch and whine since it shouldn't have made its way into the game to begin with.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. When the community as a collective knows better as consumers than you do as a developer, you know you've ****ed up.

15. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Denuvo makes sense if you're producing games. Release a game, make a killing in the first month or two, remove Denuvo.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    this wasn't denuvo antitamper.

17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    You're right about Denuvo but was just an observation of mine.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    angelgraves13 likes this.
  18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    God fudging darn this piece rocks!

Arabaldo and HellSpawn2097 like this.
  19. HellSpawn2097

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX1070 8G
    Been playing this masterpiece wherever I go.
    During long walks and bike rides.

AsiJu likes this.
  20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Btw, was discussed earlier in the thread but there really is only one candidate for Doom music going forward.

Sure lots of musicians could do it.. but there really is only one candidate ;)