DOOM Eternal

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2018.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Just FYI, CDKeys shows the platform quite clearly on the store page:

cdkeys.png

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  2. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti/RadVII/2070S
    8GB isn't enough for max texture setting at 4K it seems. Game will do it but perf issues start to crop up.

Turanis likes this.
  3. Turanis

Turanis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    [​IMG]

AsiJu likes this.
  4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    It's a blind spot for me. Honestly, I never even saw that. Clicked on the Information tab to find out the platform it was released on!!!

AsiJu likes this.

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    I know, it eluded me first as well. I guess it's because you expect to see text "Steam / UPlay / Origin /..." somewhere but instead they show a logo.

Looking forward to getting to play this game finally today evening!
    I've waited for an Eternity... ha!

6. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Kind of cruelly ironic to be looking forward to playing a game called DOOM during this worldwide crisis and one that starts off with HELL ON EARTH! It's already here!

AsiJu likes this.
  7. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    When I pre-ordered from CDKeys, it definitely said Steam and hat the Steam Logo on it (I read everything including carefully before ordering, it was definitely a Steam key). They changed it shortly before release and gave out bethesda.net keys instead. I also didn't receive any pre-order boni even though it said they were included on the order page. This should teach me not to order from shady key sellers anymore.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Ah, I thought it was for Steam originally when I saw the pre-order a few weeks ago. I don't usually pre-order games now until a week before release as most key sellers take the money straight away. It's not the same thing as pre-ordering stuff from Amazon, HMV or Zavvi where they only take the money when the goods are available/despatched. Sometimes this means games get more expensive but sometimes they drop in price as well which is nice.

I picked this game up for £29.99 versus £49.99 on Steam and even though I did not get DOOM 64 with the CDKeys pre-order, it was only £3.99 so I just bought it direct. £33.98 is still a significant saving on £49.99.

9. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    This game is the ultimate power trip. Loving it so far. Just a shame my landlord is a bellend and wants to come and disrupt my weekend by laying laminate flooring throughout. :(

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    But you can imagine the demons are coronaviruses and you are the vaccine!

*cocks shotgun*

@Cave Waverider
    I've used CDKeys for years without a single issue, if pre-order or edition specific bonuses have applied, they have been available.

It's possible this is an issue with Bethesda or possibly Bethesda launcher even.

(Although the key seems to originate from a retail / boxed copy so perhaps those aren't valid for the pre-order bonus, who knows.)

edit: joke of the week: "The Slayer's Club: get slaid today"

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020

11. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Fe 1080TI +WB
    What a pile of crap this game is....

2016 was so so much better. this game feels very very off compared to the previous game.
    im glad i did not purchase this game and tried it out first... complete and utter trash and for the price for the deluxe edition wow just wow i cant say this enough to people try before you buy cause you aint gonna like it.

cerebus23 and -Tj- like this.
  12. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    My initial response to this comment was to dismiss it as a troll post. But, Doom Eternal is definitely a radically different game than Doom 2016 was, and not everyone is going to be pleased by the changes.

Doom Eternal is balls to the wall fast, chaotic and mayhem everywhere. It requires much more strategy and twitch reflexes and has a steeper learning curve. I find that because the Doom Slayer has a lot more weapons and abilities, I sometimes forget about them. I have to remind myself to use dash, and the flame belch. I'm sure with more practice using those abilities will become second nature, but with Doom 2016, I never had that issue at all. Doom 2016 was much slower, more methodical (aka repetitive) and easier. Once you got the super shotgun in Doom 2016 and the Gauss canon, you were practically invincible unless you were a particularly bad player. While I haven't gotten either of those two weapons yet in Doom Eternal, I think it's safe to say that acquiring either of them isn't going to result in a dramatic reduction in the difficulty of the game, because the amount of enemies (and their intelligence) is so much greater that you can easily get mobbed if you don't move and act intelligently.

And you can be sure that I love that! :cool:

Archvile82 likes this.
  13. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Strange thing to say. I think this is the first negative thing i've seen on the game on these boards. So clearly, people do like it. Myself included. :|

14. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Strange thing to say. I think this is the first negative thing i've seen on the game on these boards. So clearly, people do like it. Myself included. :|

15. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    From what I've seen... Not for me this. 2016 was epic in every sense imaginable. This is a step in the wrong direction.

16. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW U
    As a Doom fan dating back to the originals, this one is epic. Loving all the new features and the fact the demons have a brains now. The game is so much better than the last one i am surprised that some prefer 2016.

My advice is adapt to the new gameplay and you will realise how much better this game is.

AsiJu likes this.
  17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    You guys playing on Steam or Bethesda?

18. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    I'm on Steam. Anyone else not receiving XP? I completed the second level and at the end I received no experience points. One of the reasons I hate live services features. You have to rely on their crap servers.

19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Did finish three levels so far and got xp every time.

20. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    This game is a blast, can't stop playing it.

But the textures are not that sharp and not that high res, can't use nvidia filters as well.