DOOM Eternal

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2018.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Reading your comment made me remember this comic.

[​IMG]

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Exactly. If I remember correctly you can buy treasure maps for IRL money in AC:Odyssey which tell you the location of everything. I think FC5 had that same mechanic.

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yes, that Youngblood was designed as a coop title that you "could" play solo.
    And I was just replying to your reply to H83 saying they were saving microtransactions for MP games. Saying that Youngblood "begs to differ" even though it was designed as a coop title, hence... a form of online MP.

But, that's the wrong part to get hung up on.
    It doesn't matter. Microtransactions are wrong, they should not be shoved into titles with digital in game store fronts. But thankfully with Youngblood, you can't buy any game crucial weapon parts, upgrades or skills. You can only buy pointless, waste of money weapon/player skins and emotes. So, while they fecked up by including it, at least they didn't allow people to bypass the game's progression.

As for DLC, that I don't care. Damn near every game has DLC. DOOM Eternal will have single player based DLC.
    Now I did dislike how RAGE 2 handled it, you couldn't purchase the DLC addons directly, you had to buy the damn RAGE coins and then buy the ****ing DLC through the in game store in RAGE 2. That was annoying.

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Oh, I interpreted "online games" as multiplayer games that require an internet connection of some form since everything happen server side. I must say that I regard Wolfenstein, RAGE, AC:Odyssey, FC5 and so forth as SP games :)

Agreed. Just a side note, if single player game progression are designed around "Time savers" or "boosters", that's also wrong. Grinding is one thing but if it's too time consuming or totally necessary to finish the game...well.

I didn't know that and now when you say it it sucks indeed. Actually I did try to find the RAGE DLC some time ago and thought it was weird I couldn't find it on any key site or the like. But now I understand it was hidden inside the RAGE shop all the time, sneaky bastards.

5. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Since I played Wolf: Youngblood solo, I also consider it (personally) a single player game.
    But, I can't ignore that it was designed around coop.

I always view the FarCry series as single player only. Never bothered with coop in any of them, and have zero interest in ever doing so.

And yeah, I really hope they don't do some crap like that with DOOM Eternal's DLC. I'm so glad that id are putting all their energy into the campaign this time around, including post-release content.
    While they focused on the campaign with DOOM 2016, all post-release support was MP or SnapMap. The campaign (the best part of the game) was completely ignored. Which sucked.

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Thought this was kind of neat:

7. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    Ha ha! When he says, "That's not even all the demons" and they show a bunch of stills with some enemies on there, and Steven Segal is one of 'em.

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I'll just leave this here...

(if you ask me Andrew can skate circles around Mick)

SpajdrEX and KissSh0t like this.
  9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Doot.

AsiJu and The Laughing Ma like this.
  10. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Depends on what you are looking for.
    I think Mick is extremely talented, and does a great job. id and Mick found a specific sound for the new DOOM games... and that's what they want.

But, Andrew and Mick both respect each other and are fans of one another's work.

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Sure. Personally I just like Andrew's work more, it's more pure heavy metal.

Mick's music works for new Doom but as music it's a bit too industrial / pop metal for my taste.

You know good music has been done when you can headbang to the level stats screen bgm alone!
    (Though for that particular track I think the one in Doom Metal Vol. 4 or 5 is even better than IDKFA's).

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Andrew actually dislikes being labeled just for "metal".
    He's commented a few times about it on the 3DR discord. Saying that people only seem to notice his metal stuff, but ignore the more atmospheric and melodic stuff he does. Like his work on Amid Evil and DUSK.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    No I like Andrew's work in general as well, but his metal music in particular.

Also to be clear the "skate circles" part was a bit hasty wording, not wanting to disregard or disrespect Mick's work.

Damn, still more than a month to go...

(said in the other thread wanting a break from shooters but obviously that doesn't apply to Doom Eternal)

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Oh, I wasn't implying you were.
    Was just saying in general. It came up on the 3DR discord before and Andrew commented that at times, he prefers doing the non metal stuff.

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I knew you weren't implying, still wanted to correct my wording a bit.

Not strictly related to topic, but found this pretty darn cool and it is a Doom Eternal teaser after all :p

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Doom twitter is interesting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cerebus23 and drandiiski like this.
  17. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    sometimes i forget my own birthday when the day comes.

but 25 years later, i can't forget : IDDQD, IDKFA.

life is strange :)

AsiJu and emperorsfist like this.
  18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Just remember to start the game by typing

doom -devparm

first :)

(I'm not 100 % sure that was the cmd switch but seems internet has forgot it too.
    Googled quickly and all sources stated just type in cheats ingame. This wasn't the case with original DOS floppy disk release, you had to enable cheats first).

coc likes this.
  19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    28 days left

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    did tifa get a chest boost? thought they looked more toned down in the trailers ;p.