DooM 4 Thread (Pt.2)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 6, 2016.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    That's caused by forcing AF. :)

I created a custom profile for DOOM in CCC/CNext/RadeonSettings or whatever it's called now and simply set AF to application controlled while the main profile has it set to 16x forced and that seemed to do it. :)
    (Forcing triple buffering and VSync apparently also isn't recommended but I haven't seen any negative effects from this.)

This same issue also exists in Rage, Wolfenstein and other IDTech5 (and now 6) games using MegaTexture.

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Ahh right, ill give that a try, thanks Jonas :)

EDIT: Still the same :(

[​IMG]

Got the AF to Application Controlled in the Global Properties (as havn't set a profile up for it), and got it at 16x in game (doesn't matter what i set the game to tbh, as doesn't change).

EDIT2: Found somebody on Steam with the same prob (also on AMD), updating drivers to the latest fixed it for someone who replied.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/379720/discussions/0/357286119109642720/

I'll give the latest a try when i get around to playing it :p

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  3. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 @1.55ghz
    rich, that happened to me in the beta. updating my drivers to crimson from the last catalyst version fixed it. i didnt like the first few crimson releases but theyre getting better

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah, i'll get em updated when i get around to playing it :)

I couldn't use any of the earlier ones than im on now, as they had the low core clock issue, got sorted in these with the power efficiency toggle, and all the games im playing at the minute, run great on them, so im just sticking with them, untill i get said games finished off, as if it aint broke...... :D

5. PNeV

PNeV Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    After getting into the game a bit, I noticed I was getting some big performance dips into the 40s. Seems the big thing holding me back was the Virtual Page being on Ultra, dropping it to High give me a decent boost. I am currently running shadows on High, think dropping to Medium would be a good trade off?

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    There is very, very little difference in shadow details. Dropping it down a setting won't hurt the overall image.

7. heymian

heymian Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Started a new game on Nightmare and so far I've crashed twice in Resource Operations. Crashes are completely random. I find this very odd considering I played through the entire campaign on Ultra-Violence in May and only crashed once.

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    ^ same for me, can go a long time without crashes and then get quite a few of them all of a sudden.

Reinstalling the display driver after a CTD and rebooting the system may help (just overwrite the current install).

9. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    I'm still holding out for a bigger price drop but it gets harder every day, everything I see and read about the game tells me it's balls to the wall fun but I'm on a pretty strict budget so I tend to stay under £15 for single player games, come on Winter sale! I will be doing my first run with the old school gun placement for sure, that **** is so cool.

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Go get it man, Doom is easily worth two "normal" games so you'd be staying on budget too ;)

Also for example SimplyGames sells the key for notably less than Steam now that the sale is over.
    Bought my key from them, seem to be legit. Pre-ordered and got it on time.

11. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    Bought it from Green Man Gaming for £19.19 using code JULY20, couldn't say no at that price.

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Considering how awesome the game is, you got an amazing deal.

13. cod6da

cod6da Member

GPU:
    powercolor rx 480 8gb
    How to limit fps on AMD card?

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Rivertuner via MSI Afterburner?

15. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    are there anyone who dont have any issues related to fps drop in multiplayer with a gtx680?

in singleplayer i can play at 50-60 fps on ultra settings by doing the shadow bug fix procedure (virtual tex. size on low btw). but in multiplayer its not the case, my fps goes even to 30es at scenes that have explosions etc.

:(

16. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    (mp) Same with GTX680m 4gb laptop card. Got to down-scale and drop settings and even then, it's not really that playable.

17. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Pretty good 90+ fps all the time with all ultra/no nightmare settings with smaa and vsync off. 1200p is my resolution.

18. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    game settings are bugged like "hell", Im counting on Vulkan, because a card like gtx680 can definetely run this game at 60fps stable, and no matter if i run on low settings i still get drops.

19. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

use rive turner statistiscs server to limit fps

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Patch Released

Just over 158MB.