DooM 4 Thread (Pt.1)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Alright after some testing the game runs @ a consanst 120 frames per second with vsyn on everything on ultra and the other 2 options on nightmare i think there only 2 options if i am correct.

There are however a few things dat botters me, sometimes my fps wil be locked in 60 fps in certain places in the game then it jumps back t0 120 fps kinda annoying.

Also AA methods are dam weak in this game with sharpest on its fullest, i really dont see any difference with AA levels only the screen gets more greasy fuzzy :S

I honestly think this game looks @ its best with AA settings turned off.

In overal its a decent game.

Btw the console commands are not working for me +com_allowconsole 1 doesnt work and menu_avanced_AllowAllSettings 1 doesnt work either for some weird reason.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  2. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    OK, on my setup; there is no fps options for uncapped frame-rate. Does anyone have this option?

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Does this game support Vulkan? I saw a video where NVIDIA demoed the game on a GTX 1080 running under Vulkan.

4. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Not yet.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Disable Vsync, fps will go uncapped.

6. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Has anyone had any luck with enabling Reshade? I know it runs OpenGL but according to SweetFX database it should be possible to run your configs by renaming the DLL to OpenGL32 instead of dxgi. However, when I try this the screen just goes black in-game.

7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    There isn't an Ultra Nightmare preset; the highest one is Ultra but Custom allows you to set two (three?) of the settings above Ultra to Nightmare. I have only played the game maxed out so I cannot say whether there is a noticeable difference between the Ultra preset and the maxed out Custom setting; all I know is that the game looks terrific and runs great at 2560x1440. I cannot ask for any more than that and I am using the v365.10 drivers. There is a new v365.19 driver which is optimised (so NVIDIA claim) for this game as well; I will install it as I always do new drivers but I really do not need it for this game as it already runs fine.

8. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I think your biggest problem is your GPU.

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    P.S. Hate me if you like but I am playing the game on PC with an Xbox One Elite controller, which is fantastic for this game due to the melee attack button being mapped to R3 (pressing down the analogue stick). On the Elite controller, I have R3 and L3 mapped to the front paddles and they are just perfect for this game. Really love this controller! :D

10. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Insanity truly is playing an FPS on PC with a controller. :p That's like playing a fighting game with Keyboard+Mouse.

11. HellSpawn2097

HellSpawn2097 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX1070 8G
    Played the first chapter earlier today, what a great game so far. Classic DOOM run 'n gun style gameplay.

12. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    I'm gonna give a thumbs up for multiplayer as I'm enjoying the new maps.

13. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Game looks good and performance is great. Haven't progressed far in the story yet but I'm having a blast.
    Was very skeptical about the game, only pre-ordered it half an hour before release. Glad I did so far :)

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Instead of hate I give you respect. Played both Destiny and Shadowfall with a controller and it's so freakin' difficult to aim, I just never got used to it.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  15. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    My Collector's Edition is here. Bonnie brought it home from work.
    The Revenant statue looks ****ing awesome. The LED lights in it are red, and the detail and paint on the statue looks really, really good.

I registered my key on Steam, and now it's downloading. So, I shall leave for work in a bit... and tonight when I get home I shall play. :)

16. Hapatingjaky

Hapatingjaky Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan-XP SLI
    SLI scales already in the game but it's weak 30% - 35%. Hopefully they get the shadows issue fixed and we get better scaling. Crossfire is a no go at the moment.

Getting 70 - 100FPS with my right. All max with the nightmare settings enabled that can be. TSSAA 8x. Seems I see no performance difference between AA modes.

Loving it though. Using the new drivers release this morning.

17. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Anyone else here thinks the AA in this game is weak ? like every AA method i tried makes the game much more blurry, i really mis the true aa methods like MSAA, SSAA, al these cheap ass AA methods in this doom 4 are trash.

18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, the game uses Temporal AA like Fallout 4. It adds a slight blur, but as strong of a blur as FXAA.
    It adds a softer look to the image, one that I actually like. But, personal preferences and such.

19. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    Looks like Denuvo has been confirmed for the first time ever in a Bethesda title, they jumped on the bandwagon of this malware, disappointing.

20. Aelders

Aelders Banned

GPU:
    980Ti G1 @ 1490|8000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.