DooM 4 Thread (Pt.1)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Did you even tried the MP beta? Game looked great and we didnt even have access to advanced options of the game.

2. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Looked great seriously ? under which stone u where sleeping ?

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    The one were he enjoyed the game and how it looks.
    And yes, I to felt it looked really good. And I can't wait to see how the game looks upon release with all settings maxed.

Sorry to all the naysayers, but pre-ordered and excited.

4. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    They keep showing advert and im slowly wonderong if i should get it. What can go wrong, shoot some demons/monsters after work with heavy metal in the background?!

5. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 @1.55ghz

launch trailer looks on the ball. official specs are out too:

PC System Requirements

Minimum:

Windows 7/8.1/10 (64-bit versions); Intel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320 or better;
    8 GB RAM; 55 GB free HDD space; NVIDIA GTX 670 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or better

Recommended:

Windows 7/8.1/10 (64-bit versions); Intel Core i7-3770/AMD FX-8350 or better;
    8 GB RAM; 55 GB free HDD space; NVIDIA GTX 970 4GB/AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB or better

6. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    I disagree and so did many youtubers out there inc LevelCap, so I know I am not alone and its not just wishful thinking.

The MP demo was horrid from start to finish, dated graphics, awkward COD setup for an Arena shooter, dull gunplay, cookiecutter maps... it was truly abysmal anyone who says otherwise - well we clearly have a personality clash.

7. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    That's the thing, we don't have to agree.
    There's plenty of games on the market that there's something for everyone.

And as said before, to me, Doom is not about the MP. Yes, the original 1993 Doom had MP... but it wasn't until Quake, specifically Quake 2 that id really started pushing MP hard.
    Doom has always been about the single player experience.

And, you see dated graphics, I see great art design. A colorful, vibrant game that gives me demons to kill and not the same tried, brown/grey military crap we've been slumped in for years.

And of course the MP beta was horrible... it was MP. ;) Honestly, two different studios developing different parts of the same game.
    It happens. Look at Wolfenstein 2009. The MP component there was so bad, the studio that made it shut down.
    While Raven made the campaign and it was awesome.
    And, id put all their energy, effort and attention into the campaign because that's what Doom has always been for them.

I mean, look at Bethesda's Twitch streams. The MP beta stream, two Bethesda employees. The campaign stream... two id Software employees. That's were id's love lies, that's were my love lies... and that's what I'm getting it for.

To each his own. But, I'll take Doom. Happily. With a big ass smile on my face.

Yeah, I posted that a few pages back.

Also, towards the end of the launch trailer... there's a tiny glimpse of the legs of a certain boss demon that hasn't been seen since Doom II. :)

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  9. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    I can only judge the game by what we have so far and thats the MP. It was terrible.

SP- who knows it might be decent ,it might be a flop just like MP. If I were to judge from MP alone as it stands it will be a flop.

I expected a next-gen Crysis-like level graphics design and an engine to boot, after all it is a brand new DooM release.. I expected a lot of innovation, maybe DX12 support, maybe a brand new OpenGL engine, none of it is evident in the MP, infact it looked very borderlandish with weird garish colors and kids friendly fisher-price weapons and design - to me ( and I am sure to many other people who love DooM. this is a massive let-down)

ID Software once pioneers of their game development (now sold out to Bethesda) have come up short with this release, as it stands, I think DooM 3 had a bigger WOW effect at the time it was released, this was especially clear to me when I played the Alpha.

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    @Damien_Azreal

they give a glimpse of the weapon too...

Aw man, still a week left to wait. Id/Bethesda may be skilled game makers but they're masters of marketing, keep dropping little hints like that.
    As if worlds PC fps playing population wasn't worked up enough as is. Or what do I know or care, I'M worked up for chrissakes!

Just worried I'll work myself up to a hype frenzy where no man made game could live up to my expectations.
    Then again, give me that double-barrel shotgun and some demons to shoot and I'm most likely set for life :D

idTech games have always used OpenGL so no DX12 was kinda given I think. Hope's up for possible Vulkan support though.

11. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Show me an arena shooter that has even 10,000 players. Arena shooters don't have enough of a player-base. Even UT:A is severely lacking players a lot of the time. Those days where online was all about arena shooters are gone.

On the other-hand, Doom has all the classic modes, but, even with all the content; no-one expects online Doom to be successful. Certain not to BF, COD, nevermind CSGO levels of players.

If Doom has even 10,000 online players it would've exceeded most people's expectations.

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, saw the weapon. :)
    I'm so damn happy that beastie is back. I missed him.
    I hope that means the Arachnotrons are back as well. But, if not, I'm good with just him being back in the fight.

Haven't been this hyped for a game in a long time.

13. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Superb trailer, very Doom. I've booked a holiday on the 13th. I'm ready. :)

14. Xuanzang

Xuanzang Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Sea Hawk
    Can't wait to meet the Mancubus again. :littlegun Probably the only monster in D3 that freaked me out. lol. Along with those crying babies that is.

15. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    For me atm this looks like call of duty modern doomfare, i still might buy the game for its campaign but first i want to see its reviews, cause for now it looks like utter garbage.

Even recommened specs are kinda low to be honest.

This game looks like wolfenstein 3.0 mixed with casuel graphics.

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Had the same thought myself! Ugh, I hated them though, plasma-firing SOBs :D

As long as they don't apply any D3-Cyberdemon-soul-cube-only kind of thing to you-know-what-demon I'm happy.

"Soul Cube"... wtf was that anyway? What's next, Spirit Sphere? Mind Cone? Ab Rider?

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Such a ignorance, Witcher29. If you dont like it then dont buy it and stop bashing the game.

18. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Thats my opinion for now, like i said i still might buy it waiting for reviews first.

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
  20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yes, because reviews are always trust worthy and give you right idea about a game. pfft

Ignore reviews.
    Focus on word of mouth from people around here, or other forums you may visit.
    People with similar tastes and preferences as you.
    Because, the guy doing the professional review... there's no way of knowing if he likes or even enjoys the same kind of games that you do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.