DooM 4 Thread (Pt.1)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    It's faster then Wolfenstein or RAGE. But, it still has a feeling of weight to the movement.

2. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
  3. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, that link... :)

4. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme

5. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Thank you kind Sir, really appreciate it. Let me know if you have any feedback or even requests.

Again, thanks.

6. PNeV

PNeV Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Can't answer that I am afraid, haven't played the new Wolfenstein (last one I played was RTCW, skipped the 2009 one). It is on my wishlist however. Guns felt good but I wish the Super Shotgun was a bit more..."boomy" ;)

7. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    If they could finally eliminate the soft texture-loading so it looks full-detail from the get go, then, id tech would have made another step forward. It's the only real immersion breaker atm. Yes, UT:A does it aswell, but, imagine if Doom didn't! :D

Also, I've noticed people seem to be getting better at this. More of a challenge now than me coming top 3 every game.

I would like to see a hardcore DM mode where all weapons are available, but, no perks.

This game also has a certain charm for me compared to COD:BO3. Sometimes in BO3; there are certain people who feel unbeatable. This game feels like its a much more level playing field. Static rifle is my favourite gun atm, although, I do wish it would 1 shot kill. It's the closest thing to a rail-gun we have.

8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Doom PC options

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Nice to see that 21:9 support. I know a few people that will be very glad to know that's there.

10. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    That options list made me very happy.

The ability to turn of Film Grain, Motion Blur and Chromatic Aberration. So happy. :)

11. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
    So looking forward to the campaign.

12. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 @1.55ghz
    thats very welcome news. i knew the advanced options would be more in-depth, but that looks almost comprehensive! cant wait for this to come out.

im one of the few folks who really enjoyed the beta. i agree that UT alpha is better & deserves more support from the dwindling yet fiercely loyal hardcore arena shooter vanguard, but everyone tearing DOOM mp to shreds for not being the second coming of Q3 needs to get a grip on reality. zenimax almost ran this game into the ground by driving away carmack & co, & marty stratton is still trying to salvage the IP. the result is something odd: the heavy yet quick movement, doublejumping, health/ammo/powerup pickups, & solid gunplay mechanics combine into something greater than the sum of its parts...something JARRINGLY reminiscent of a gaming era that im sad to say is long gone...

yet there is evidence of the modernizations, surely at least in part due to the production mismanagement that nearly killed this project in the first place, everywhere you look. theres some odd kind of mouse filtering or negative acceleration, i cant tell, but its not raw input. the haloish art direction for the stock armor is absurd & the third party dev teams influence on the mp portion is bleeding through with odd choices like loadouts instead of weapon pickups & an arsenal, or the awkward & downright clumsy glory kill system. however some of these modernizations quite obstinately WORK, like the fluid mounting system or the conservatively implemented yet immensely helpful hack modules.

meanwhile, detractors ignore the fact that, without games from big publishers that meet in the middle (so to speak), we will never get another true arena shooter in the public eye again. i agree that DOOM mp will probably not catch on wildly, & i will stoically admit that it plays like a cheap imitation of the classic games that drew me into hardcore fps gaming scene all those years ago...but it is not a hollow shell. there is something to it, & it is fun. we need big publishers to see that regurgitating call of battlefield ad nauseam is not the only viable gaming formula. this type of game can be a bridge...but it wont work if disillusioned gamers burn the ****ing thing down.

13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    great that ID is one of the very rare devs that care about giving us a real pc game, not just another half arsed port.

14. michael_d

michael_d Member Guru

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    Has anyone played beta with an old CPU? If so, how was the performance?

I do not know if my old CPU Core i7 960 3.2GHz base and 3.3GHz boost will be enough. But I also have Titan X.

15. Turanis

Turanis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Titan X with old i7 960!Something is wrong there.
    Maybe you dont have that powerful video card,maybe is a mistake. :3eyes:

But anyway,this game will run great on every cpu because depends more on Gpu.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Why is it at 3.3ghz? Overclock the living crap out of it. Even so, like Turanis said, it will work no problems on your system.

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    With the release three weeks away, we should get some system requirements pretty soon.

18. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    lol my dad has that processor and it's at 4.2 on air.

19. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Snapmap looks really fun. I know it's basically a dumbed down SDK (for consoles, some might add) but the possibilities are pretty awesome. This is where the real Doom multiplayer experience will be found. ;)

https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda/v/62765871

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, I wasn't all that interested in Snapmap when it was announced.
    But after watching that stream.... I may actually give it a chance. I'm sure it'll be like most other such services.

For every one great map, there will be a dozen awful ones. But still... the options they present are pretty damn deep.
    Between the campaign and Snapmap, I can kind of see why they outsourced the MP to another studio.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.