DooM 4 Thread (Pt.1)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
  2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti
    Weird, i just got the email with a beta key, some dutch guy told me he just got it too.

I wonder why we got it later then anybody else?

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I cant even get past the Bethesda intro. Stutters like crazy down to 1fps and later i crashes. Both Alphas worked fine...wonder what might cause this?

4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio

Was hyped by the live-action video today. I've to say the reality just ruined any hope i had :/. The level design is quite a letdown to me. i'll pass.

Edit: Watched again.. I've been unfair... The map looks okey. I guess i'm just frustrated lately lol. No game has me sitting in front of my screen saying "wow, this is it", in a while now... :/

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016

5. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Don't touch any keys or mouse, just let it struggle for a bit and eventually the game will load up.

6. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
    Having come in the top 3 tonight in most of my games I now love it :)
    Also a small update has just been downloaded.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  7. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Is it realistic for jeeps, tanks and planes to appear out of nowhere?

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    You guys should stop... there is nothing wrong with liking either series, they are both very different, it's not worth wasting time debating.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I must say, after playing new Unreal Tournament Alpha this looks dull, slow and boring to me.

10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    Now, this is what i had in mind. If it's an arena gamemode, i'm expecting faster action than this. Is Unreal tournament on open beta? nevermind i'll check by myself.

11. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
    Its pre alpha but anyone can download it. I just played a few rounds.

12. ColdFlo

ColdFlo Banned

GPU:
    EVGA780ACXSCMSI780GMSI680
    Copied from my Bethesda Forum post: "How to get full game graphics but not playable" probably wont do anything there so I figured I'd get Gurus' take on tweaking the game and what people have figured out.

If your on Nvidia go to the driver 3d settings menu by right clicking desktop and then on Texture Filtering Negative LOD Bias Set Allow instead of Clamp. Not sure what texture size this allows but it looks a hell of allot better but also lags and fps drops from pegged near 60 to 44 avg fps(780 SLI SYSTEM BUT GAME ONLY USES ONE CARD). But wow does it look a million times better.

BETHESDA DEVS YOU NEED TO FINALLY ADD SLI TO IDTECH 5 ENGINE SO WE CAN GET FULL PERFORMANCE OUT OF THIS GAME. WITH ALL YOUR BETHESDA AND OTHER HOUSE GAMES YOU SHOULD HAVE COLLECTIVE RESOURCE TO FINALLY NAIL DOWN THIS FEATURE. WASNT IN RAGE AND I DOUBT YOU HAVE IT FOR THIS GAME EITHER.

For closed Beta participants play around with Nvidia Inspector settings and see if you can find any gems. Disable anti aliasing especially if your on 1440p or higher and go ahead and crank aniso to 16x or whatever else you want but realize this will just show you THIS GAME IS BEAST AND YOU WILL NEED A NEW PC THIS GAME IS SINGLE GPU UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE SO BUYING A 980TI OR EVEN BETTER WAITING FOR THE BEST SINGLE CARD OF THE NEXT GEN WILL BE THE BEST MOVE.

Game looks great on high graphics but you will need SLI to run it at 60FPS with older cards thats why this game is 60 FPS capped SLI still isnt developed in idtech5 engine(which is a damn shame) and its running some real high tex I can tell. Of course this would be allot better with console access and some fine tex tuning with cvars. MAN I HOPE WE ACTUALLY GET CONSOLE ACCESS...... PLAYING AROUND AND SEEING THE FULL TEX GIVES ME HOPE BUT THE WAY THE KEYBOARD BINDINGS ARE LOCKED IN HIS BETA DOESNT GIVE ME MUCH HOPE. LOOKS LIKE OTHERS HAVE POSTED THEY COULD BIND THE KEYS HOWEVER THEY WANTED IN THE ALPHA SO ITS INTENTIONALLY LOCKED FOR NOW. I HOPE WE ALSO GET CONFIG FILES YOU GUYS HAVE OBVIOUSLY TOTALLY REWRAPPED ALL THE DOOM AND QUAKE FILES AND CONSOLE PORTED IT ALL OUT. YOU WILL NEVER IMPROVE ON CARMACKS CONSOLE OR SETTINGS SO YOU MIGHT AS WELL JUST GIVE IT ALL BACK TO US AND STOP BEING TURDS.....!!!!!!! IF THIS WAS YOUR ORIGINAL INTENTION I APOLOGIZE BUT YOU ARE SENDING BAD SIGNALS AND ITS INTENTIONAL...........OO.......................

Game is blurry because you have lod clamp on and the texs are set really low in the game changing the lod bias sidesteps that in the driver.

13. realmadrid

realmadrid Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1050 TI MSI OC
  14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    What's a High graphics API supposed to be?

15. Locoyote

Locoyote Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    Yeah! That would make my year!

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I tried the beta last night though admittedly I am not a fan of online shooters at all due to finding them too repetitive when stripped of a narrative and defining ending. The game seemed OK as far as these things go but it honestly seemed no better and no worst than Quake III Arena which I played a decade (or more?) ago. Sure the graphics look a little nicer, though they're hardly what I would call "stunning" (textures look flat and dated for example) but the gameplay is exactly the same run 'n' gun stuff I've seen many, many times before. It all feels instantly overfamiliar and dull. So clearly not for me then?

I was disappointed that they didn't include a single player mission because that is what interests me far more.

P.S. I had the loading screens stuttering and pausing alarmingly on first loading the game to the point where it was five minutes before I gave up waiting for the main menu to appear (I could hear music and sounds playing albeit cutting out frequently). However, pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del causing the screen to go black and I no amount of pressing Ctrl-Alt-Esc, Windows key or Alt-F4 could return me to the desktop. I had to reset my PC from the case which is really poor for a beta this close to the game's launch. From what I can tell this issue seems to common with even Digital Foundry having so many problems trying to load it that they couldn't even do a performance video on it yesterday (they did one only for the PS4 as they couldn't find anyone to match with on Xbox One).

17. fragba1t

fragba1t Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    Edit:

Got my key from gamestop.de! downloading now :banana:

18. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 @1.55ghz
    how did you get it? was there a beta signup thing? i went to their site & the only signup thingy was just for a gamestop account

19. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    This game supports unlock framerates up to 144 i have seen ?

Does this also mean it syncs with the monitors refresh rate ? like 120 fps in 120 hertz ?

Or is this **** 60 fps locked again on a 120 or 144 hertz monitor ?

20. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    In the beta, no its locked on 60fps. But i think already supports 144hz, because when u enter the game the refresh rate doesnt change on my monitor.

Also i think they managed a premiere, id tech engine was build to the ground up to work on 60fps. I think they heavily modified the engine to support unlocked frames.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.