DooM 4 Thread (Pt.1)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 @1.55ghz
    a bit disappointed the 16.5.3 drivers dont improve performance at all on my gpu. i was hopeful for a few free fps. game still runs very well for me considering however.

also i read through the last couple pages just now...are you guys really complaining about the difficulty on hurt me plenty?? im on nightmare :D

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Playing on Ultra Violence right now. Not finding it that challenging.
    I actually found Hurt Me Plenty to be too easy at times.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Must depend on your gaming ability, mine is low for fps and I even found the easiest difficulty challenging lol

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Wait til you get the final weapon ;)

Yea those are very good indeed. Dont know how far you've progressed but in hell you get more power ups :)

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Make sure you upgrade the gauss cannon. I didn't upgrade it at all on my first playthrough and ended up never using it because it was pretty useless later on. Now with it fully upgraded it destroys enemies easily.

I played the majority of the game with the super shotgun though. Close range can 1 shot almost anything and with the double shot upgrade makes enemies super easy to kill.

6. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    Or super shotgun to the face.

... that makes short work of just about anything.

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    The final weapon... hmm... now what might that be... ;)

Yea I immediately modded it with the scope and invested some upgrade points to improve it.
    It's basically the rail gun, which I've always liked for some reason.

Currently working towards gaining the double shot for SS.

8. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I am through the yellow gate but I can't get to the next part. You have to completely clear out everything to get the next door to open and there are at least 2 Summoners and 3 or 4 Knights along with everything else it seems. I haven't really used the super shotgun much since I like the explosive shot mode of the regular one. I'll try using the super more. Using the rocket launcher on the Summoners is literally a hit or miss proposition since they blink away so fast.

9. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    Is anyone else using the tactical scope for the heavy assault rifle for actual headshots? At first, I wasn't sure about it (enemies are moving pretty fast all the time), but I'm a few headshots away from the full upgrade, and it's pretty damaging. It's no sniper rifle (which is fine - it's not supposed to be), but I like this variety of playstyle sometimes. I don't know what's so satisfying about ganking Summoners with it... probably because prior to that, I was using the rocket launcher with the lock upgrade (to get the mastery), and you barely have to aim.

10. Aelders

Aelders Banned

GPU:
    980Ti G1 @ 1490|8000
    Yeah rocket launches will never work man. The beauty of DOOM (gameplay wise) is the emergent complexity from relatively simple systems. You have your character movement, double jump and then a variety of weapons, use them all man.

The Plasma rifle has a stun bomb as alt-fire (one of the upgrades) just use that on the summoners and pick them off with the gauss rifle, or get close and supershotgun them. For me the problem is almost always the hellknights, or rather, fighting hellknights among other mobs. The hellknights need my undivided attention, so if I can't focus them down at the start, I just run like hell and try and kill everything else so I can focus on them

11. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 Vapor-X
    Yeah I have only just gotten into the game (loving it btw) and the first time I saw a Hellknight I was "hey what's that demon running at me....jeez he's a big imp?!?!.....oh f8ck meeeeee!!!".....then got curbstomped lol

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Yea I use it too, good for longer range shots. I prefer the scope over micro-missiles.

13. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980TI Gaming
    I'm close to complete game again, and i want again and again :D shame though it have zero physics and u can't use the corpses as ragdolls :D

Plus game have not that much of blood

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Just had the first CTD in Doom.

Could be due to Steam overlay maybe, I've had it disabled before. Or me switching between levels constantly (did some benchmarking / testing).

15. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 @1.55ghz
    82.3mb patch out right now guys. cant find any documentation or even notes for the patch. its not vulkan support -_- might just be mp or CTD bugfixes?

haha good

::edit::
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2016

16. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I don't have the stun thing on the plasma rifle.

17. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RX 480 Nitro 4GB
    I havent seen any change logs yet either for the patch.

BTW, my step sons rig has a 1055t@ 3.5ghz, 8GB DRR3 1600, and a XFX R9 280 Black edition 1ghz core, and its amazing it plays the game on all high settings @ 2560x1080 and always stays above 40fps.

18. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    I'm still on my first playthrough, and not knowing how many upgrades would be available in the game or if there would even be enough to get them all (sure seems like it so far), I have been skittish about every upgrade I've gotten. That plasma rifle stun ball is worth it in my opinion - fires quickly and stops them dead in their tracks (and they even kneel a little for free headshots).

19. Hully

Hully Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC
    lol yer the plasma stun is a must for those rhino thingy-me-bobs! :)

20. Aelders

Aelders Banned

GPU:
    980Ti G1 @ 1490|8000
    Just got to them

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.