DOOM 3 BFG Edition - 'The Lost Mission' Trailer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

Bethesda and id have released a new trailer for 'The Lost Mission' eight new levels coming in DOOM 3 BFG Edition.

More...

2. N.O.U.G.N.

N.O.U.G.N. Master Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX 1080 8Gb
    This should have been called GOT FILLERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!
    God this game was NOT what everyone said it would be. this **** is for hardcore nerds.
    I'm going to make a better rip-off game yeahhhh in UDK

3. The_Fool

The_Fool Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xGIGABYTE Windforce 7950
    Are they not working on Doom 4, then?

4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    They are working on Doom 4. Hopefully they'll update the ID tech 5 engine so it runs well on PC. I also hope they use proper high res textures, and not the upsampling transcoding crap. There still may be a place for that if you start with hi-res textures to begin with. I haven't played the game much, but I can't say the texture quality is something to be proud of in a 2011 release game. Unfortunately it all comes down to consoles, and like I said before instead of downsampling textures for console support, they either leave them as is or upsample them for PC, meaning much lower quality.

5. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 oc
    Damn consoles cant they at least like you said work with high res textures and downsample them for consoles? and not the other way around that will at least keep pc gamers much happier than having upsampled textures that look like total crap i mean common it's 2012 going into 2013 and we still have 2005 consoles dominating the market,that's almost 8 years old hardware that us pc gamers have to put up with.Just imagine if they make now with today's hardware a fully optimized pc game without windows and direct-x c**p and use a different approach to coding directly to the hardware that's similar to consoles imagine what kind of games we would be playing now.Just a thought
    we all have to put up with Microsoft's Windows to be able to play our favorite pc games cant they at least design a Windows that will give you an option to boot into a kind of gaming mode that will be fully optimized for gaming purposes only without all the unnecessary crap and backround services that are not needed for gaming and normal mode for all your other daily tasks.?