Dont tell this in ati section but...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Mr.Bigtime, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Smokey21

Smokey21 Guest

The only difference there will be, is the 9600 having far better IQ Seeing as it's the same design as a 9700 just less pipes, etc, it will be way better.

It's only since the 6800 series have nvidia caught up with ATI in IQ.

2. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X
    O.K...... i wrote thats what i think, maybe i should wrote thats what i "tough" :p Changed my mind
    Well the x850pe performed better then the 6800 ultra, but since the 7800gtx has released Nvidia owns :)

3. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Jesus, I only said the truth, everyone knows that the FX series sucked, the majority agreed back then. Hell, I bought the 9800 Pro because people with an FX actually recommended me to buy it.

I haven't insulted or acted like a fanboy and even so I was called one. Most of you are insulting a company that has done nothing but trying to make some profits. They haven't actually done anything to you, have they. Criticism without being constructive is pure defamation.

Both Nvidia and ATI have great products.

Everyone grow up already.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2005
  4. S†3nic3

S†3nic3 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 9800XT 256b/256mb Sapphire
    omg ppl...
    stupid topic

1) Mr.Big time! there is no diffference between pictures
    2) Ati have beter quality and NVidia more fps
    3) nVidia is better coz games better supported to nVidia and not to ati

resume: ATI SUX BUT NOT COZ OF STUPID SHADOWS lol! Ati sux coz nVidia have more money and "buy" games creators that make good nvidia support and bad ati support all simple!

We use nVidia coz we get more fps in games - only this important!
    ppl who have ati fuked with NSF2u2 wih doom and san andreas - coz many ati cards didnt support it well and nvidia did!

I got on GeForce 3ti more fps than my friend on 9800xt on similar pc! why? coz ati sux? no coz nvidia bought all doom3 creators from boots till huts..

so this topic is pointless..

5. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    see what I mean?

6. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Pretty Hate Machine

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Dual-X 3L
    great thread :rolleyes:

7. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X
    Nice say :)

8. Zapmaster

Zapmaster Sherlock Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870
    Errrr no. A PS 1.3 card can't even compare to a fully PS 2.0 capable card image quality wise, not to mention 9600 XT decent FSAA and AF preformance. Great thread btw, I love the "Don't tell ATI section" part, lol. Are you high?

9. BodyBag

BodyBag Master Guru

GPU:
    POV465 @ 470
    pmsl..........

10. Overkill0001

Overkill0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X1800XT 256MB
    CounterStrike Source, Direct X8.0, 1024x768, Same system. My Geforce 5200 ran the exact same framerates as my Radeon 9700. (but of course, in DX 9.0, the 5200 wasn't playable and the 9700 was still pretty playable). The graphics look the same to me, but I'm blind anyway so I don't care.

Well, I want my next card to be Nvidia.

11. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X
    Ask urself why the nvidia forum got more then 2x the posts then ATI

12. S†3nic3

S†3nic3 Active Member

GPU:
    X_x

i forgot to add.. Hl2 have Ati support.. so both cards manufactures works great in it..we did a test:
    My pc +5900u vs friends: GA mobo 3k+Winchester 512 geil 2-3-2-6 ram on 9800xt

I get more fps when 15 bots coz of ram but in empty map - same fps!
    So Source engine its a bad example for nvidia pwonage and good example for words: both cards r good (mean manufactures)

13. S†3nic3

S†3nic3 Active Member

GPU:
    Vinnie
    nvidia formu have more messages coz ppl have more nvidia cards than Ati..
    WHY? coz brainwash of "nVidia: the way meant to be played" and not coz ati sux..! i repeat again and again.. its all about money.

14. Paulus

Paulus Master Guru

GPU:
    7900GTX

and i want mine to be the fastest...

I wish people were more open minded about hardware- am I the only person that looks for the fastest, best value for money hardware, regardless of the make?!

15. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X
    ye i know, it also can be that nvidia users have more problems :p

16. gram_vaz

gram_vaz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT
    qft, this thread is total bs. the hard truth is ati had the lead in terms of iq up until the geforce 6 series came out.
    because ati users are generally more mature and only post when they have problems and don't threadcrap fanboisim. is it really something to be proud of that nvidia users have way more problems than ati users? when's the last time you heard of a widespread ati problem like the nf3+6800gt stuttering problem that won't go away or the bad performance in 6600gt agp cards or the latest driver bug? and don't even get me started about nvidia's linux gpu driver! contrary to what many nvidiots may believe ati is still doing very good with regards to marketshare. btw, i saw from your last post that you said it could be due to nvidia having more problems, this rant is aimed generally at nvidiots and not specifically at you.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2005
  17. NvidiaRox

NvidiaRox Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX280
    just see the name it should explain it all w0000t!

18. chupacabraSVK

chupacabraSVK Member Guru

someone should lock this one

19. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    You will find the same difference in 4600 vs 6800u quality , its to do with optimizations with AA and AF introduced in newer products

20. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    I never really compared quality, that is the last thing I really care about. I care about how long my card is going to last and it's performance. That's why I got nVidia this time. Not the absolute best in performance but it's goign to last longer.

I can say I was sucked in during the FX series. That was back when I was a newb to video cards. I can say it was tough to decide since up until then all of ATI's drivers had sucked. I counted on them sucking again bringing the 9800 series below the 5900 series. Boy was I wrong on that one. So in the end I traded that card for this card + $, gotta love eBay for stuff like this.

I'm either gonna skip thisseries of cards all together or I'm getting the R520 when it comes out, assuming it doesn't change too much. I doesn't look like nVidia is living up to their name this time around, though the battle is far from being started.

EDIT: BTW, this thread is pointless since there really isn't any credibility or showing that the same components were used in each computer just with the different cards. That's just my opinion, though. I'm almost ashamed to see thread like this. Fanboyism to the max.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2005