Dolby® Advanced Audio/ Home Theater Drivers for your built-in HD Audio

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by fr33jack, Aug 19, 2014.

1. mzso

mzso Active Member

GPU:
    DUAL-RX580-O4G
    You're wrong. I managed to install dolby theatre V4 too. I don't know what it does but it's useless. I doesn't have Dolby headphone. There's a Surround virtualization with a speakers/headphones slider. One doesn't seem to do anything perceivable, the other just doesn't change much.

Also you're wrong about the difference about xonar/realtek, it's not because of that. If I enabled DH in foobar I get the same sound that I'm familiar with. With realtek's driver I get a totally butchered garbage sound for headphones. (Virtual Speaker seems to work normally though...)

Oh well. Too bad I wasted so many hours for this.

2. mzso

mzso Active Member

GPU:
    DUAL-RX580-O4G
    I managed to install R273 too, using the M1 method from the guide.

It's just as borked as R279. It's as if there's a high-pass filter and the bass below some frequency is cut of. And of course the excessive loudness. (Otherwise it might be prover DH. It's hard to tell since it's this defecated into)

3. Udash3C

Udash3C Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 390
    Can you kindly share how you changed it from speakers to headphones? :)

Just to verify that I have an issue similar to yours:

On my desktop rig, the Headphones slider works perfectly when I plug it into the front panel's headphone jack. That one is seen by my system as headphones, so it works perfectly. It sounds as Dolby Headphone should sound. Sliding the Speakers slider yields no changes.

When I plug it into the rear Line Out jack, however, it is seen as a speaker, and as a result, changing the Headphones slider does nothing. Playing with the Speakers slider, however, does change the sound. Same thing with my laptop, where the headphone output is linked with the speakers. If I unplug the headphones, the speaker plays. However, the system sees both as the same audio device, "Speakers."

I really wish I can switch the two to be seen as headphones as well, as the surround virtualisation for speakers really do not work well with headphones.

4. mzso

mzso Active Member

GPU:
    DUAL-RX580-O4G
    @Udash3C

Don't remember. I was only testing it for a weak or so

5. Udash3C

Udash3C Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 390
    I see. Thanks anyways. :)

6. NeuroFunkeR

NeuroFunkeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte NV WF3 670GTX
    i guess, there is no chance, it will work on my soundblaster x-fi xtreme music card?

7. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Guest

GPU:
    rx480
    My Dolby drivers stopped working a few weeks ago after the latest big Win10 update and I can't get them working again .

Anyone else in the same position with any tips ?

Thanks.

8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
  9. Alexander

Alexander Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    I have the same problem. On creators update, when I choose DD in audio output, write "not supported".

10. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Guest

GPU:
    rx480
    The PCEE driver keeps failing install for me. I have my
    AMD and onboard drivers uninstalled .

11. dopax007

dopax007 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780
    Greetings to all :
    I found this interesting and instructive thread as a result of the use I wanted to give to my headphones Senheisser PC 333D G4ME in my HTPC to virtualize 5.1 when listening my movies through headphones.

My HTPC is based on an Asus Rampage III Black Edition (with an integrated audio chip SupremeFX X-FI 2 ) that I've connected via HDMI to a Home Theater of Sony , specifically the HT-DDWG800 , through NVidia High Definition Audio from a GTX 780 ( I don't use the integrated audio chip , which , I've disabled in Bios ) ; The S.O. Is Windows Home 64-bit and I play my movies in MPC-HC with MadVR.

The fact is that at certain hours of the night , I listen my movies through the headphones imput of the Sony AVR and though about taking advantage of the aforementioned Senheisser's to virtualize 5.1 when I was listening my movies through headphones ( these headphones , through USB , Install a basic driver for the function for which they are designed ).
    The fact is that ( already expected something like this ) , if they play Dolby AC3 they go well but if they play DTS there is a terrible clock deviation ( continuous dropped frames and not playing sound ).

The question for which I ask advice is if the drivers that are being debated here ( in particular those that I would like to use , NVidia HD Audio) would allow me to virtualize 5.1 to my headphones (or others I've) connected to the input Headphones of the Sony AVR, without interfering in the normal use that I give to this HTPC when i don't have connected headphones , that is none other than , bitstream of AC3, DTS or PCM through HDMI so that the Sony AVR is take care of the rest.

Thank you all in advance and sorry for my bad english .

12. marko7

marko7 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1050 (mobile)
    I tried this, and it works. However, after installing Dolby PCEE drivers, I no longer seem to have the Realtek HD Audio panel installed. Is there a way to get both of these programs to be installed at the same time, like they are on laptops that natively come with Dolby Advanced Audio or Home Theater?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  13. epguy19

epguy19 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Xpress 200 - 128Mb
  14. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Dude, I have been wanting to have a chat with you for sometime now.

Is there anyway to make generic Realtek drivers (and Audio Codecs) work with Creative Connect 2?

15. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Probably not, due to certain hooks aren't present. I remember dealing with this with Asus motherboards and X-Fi MB software. If you installed Realtek's generic driver builds, there was no guarantee that the Creative software would detect your audio card.

I suppose you could try swapping the .inf from the OEM driver with the libraries from the generic release and see if the hooks exist. However, why bother? I have a laptop with Connect 2 and as long as everything works, why update? I can easily wait for updated OEM releases from Clevo.

16. Abhishek S

Abhishek S Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 940MX

Just follow the steps from here and you ready to go. Just need to follow the steps carefully. Yeah about those drivers i think they are compatible. checkout the simple guide here for fresh installation
    https://www.gizdev.com/install-dolby-home-theater-v4-windows-7-8-10/

17. redion1992

redion1992 Guest

GPU:
    NVidia GTX 1060 8GB
    Anybody got updated instructions for getting this working on an HDMI output? Want to feed a true encoded signal out that cable, as I don't have a receiver, only a converter which changes S/PDIF optical (which it gets from the TV the HDMI is connected to) into 3x 3.5mm analog jacks. The converter can decode Dolby or DTS, I just need to get that encoded signal up and out of the video card.

It seems the Dolby software doesn't seem to work on the latest Win10 update (Fall Creator's Update), at least not visibly.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  18. DAW40

DAW40 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 6GB
    All audio from video sites and all mp3's are 16bit 320kbps or 48000Khz. However PCM or Wave file can go high bit rates, but there is no content for it.

19. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    DAW40, you are on fire in Audio subsection! :cool:

Not 48000Khz though...

20. DAW40

DAW40 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 6GB
    Thanks mbk. MP3's are 48khz and 16bit. However wave files can go as high as the specs of the sound card.