Doesn't capture video via vfw. Doesn't capture raw unmanipulated audio

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by mzso, May 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mzso

mzso Active Member

GPU:
    DUAL-RX580-O4G
    Hi!

Both of these used to work in times past, on Windows 8. I'm on 10 now and figured I'd set up afterburner for video recording. But neither audio, nor video works as it should.

Even though I use WASAPI (apparently there's no directsound playback device anymore) to capture audio, which is claimed to record raw audio, I get DSP processed via EqualizerAPO. It's quite clear, because when I listen back it's distorted, and if I disable EQ APO I hear what I should be hearing. So processed audio is recorded. MSIA used to be able to record without any processing, even though I was using it. I'm nut sure if it was because directaudio playback device was available or not.

Video is even worse. I used UT-Video like I always did, but I got nothing. File sizes suggest no video is even captured, only audio is there. I tried other options that appeared for vfw. Such as rivatuner codec, Microsoft video 1/RLE.
    Nothing produces video. Can't imagine why this isn't functional anymore.
    Built in codecs work, but they're rather useless.

2. mzso

mzso Active Member

GPU:
    DUAL-RX580-O4G
    PS:
    Does the config window needs to be this clunky? I have 90% or more of the screen free, yet I'm forces to scroll even in the tabbar to get to options, and of course the settings window is not resizable. A huge pain when you're experimenting with settings.
    Also for some reason the first option gets focus which is the hotkey for the video recording section. Which all the time leads to me accidentally deleting the hotkey when I try to close the window via ESC. Which only works when the focus is not in a hotkey field, otherwise it just deletes to hotkey.

Clipboarder.2021.05.30-002.png

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

If nothing works for you on your new OS Setup and everything worked before, it is a good reason to start thinking what are you doing wrong now. I’m afraid I cannot provide GUI for configuring your own hands.sys driver. Even a clunky one. Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.