Does the GTX 670 still stutter?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by guerrilladawg, Aug 22, 2012.

1. guerrilladawg

guerrilladawg Active Member

GPU:
    HD 6950
    Just want to know if it's fixed or not. I read about it a while ago, and my card finally arrived today (670 ftw). I really want to know if it still occurs, because stuttering annots the heck out of me. No idea what driver to download.

2. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800XT
    No problems here, using latest beta driver 305.67

3. adrock311

adrock311 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    GTX 670 4gb here, zero stuttering (I saw some stuttering on one map in BF3 close quarters DLC, but it may have been just lag related)

4. guerrilladawg

guerrilladawg Active Member

GPU:
    HD 6950
    Thanks for the info, guys.

5. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Suprim
    Just FYI the stuttering issues were involving V-Sync. If your not using V-Sync you shouldn't have a problem. Granted the 305.xx drivers have been fine for me on my GTX680s.

6. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    no stuttering for me and I'm on 301.42

7. kalston

kalston New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    I have no stuttering anymore with 305.67 drivers (apart from Deus Ex HR but this seems like a game issue) Batman Arkham is also glitchy for me with Physx on (some light stuttering), again I'm not sure if this is really the drivers.

The funny thing is that in Witcher 2 I had (before the drivers I have now) stuttering both with vsync on and off (while everyone says it was vsync related). But now I can't get any stuttering no matter what.

I always play with vsync off but I still experienced stuttering in various games with the latest WHQL drivers. Now I have no issues apart from the two games I mentioned above - my BF3 has some issues but I have a poor connection atm so I think it's just that (either the netcode or punkbuster seems to hate my net).

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  8. Muyfa666

Muyfa666 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 8GB
    I just got my GTX670 and had some stutter problems until I installed 305.67. After that, it's mostly smooth sailin'... that said, these cards will rock even more when the drivers become really optimized. :-D

9. Waysoflife88

Waysoflife88 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 670 FTW 2GB
    Just ordered one. Glad to hear this.

10. JoeyFUZZ911

JoeyFUZZ911 Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 670 FTW
    I have the EVGA GEforce 670 FTW and love it. It's been absolutely a dream! I came from Radeon cards and this just GPU is amazing. Make sure to use the lastest beta drivers the 304.79. They are the most stable. Some games will crash here and there but its the driver, not the card. The official WHQL drivers crah alot in games. MY card overclocks itself to 1189mhz and runs amazing. I put it to the test this past weekend, as I played The Secret World for 8 straight hours without any problems.

Hope this helps you!

11. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes
    More stable over the latest beta drivers 305.67?

12. Waysoflife88

Waysoflife88 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 670 FTW 2GB
    Hope im as lucky as you when i get my 670 FTW, been playing TSW for a few weeks with 550TI SLI setup and couldnt take the crappy performance anymore...Course, if I was as lucky as you I would be stationed in Okinawa instead of idaho now wouldnt I?

13. JoeyFUZZ911

JoeyFUZZ911 Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 670 FTW
    You can have Okinawa. I'm so tired of this place. The Marine Corps separated me from my wife for 2 yrs so it sucks here. Plus I'm trying to use the early release program to come home 7 months early.

14. JoeyFUZZ911

JoeyFUZZ911 Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 670 FTW
    anyhow, are the new WHQL drivers that were specifically released for the 660Ti, working good for the 670/680?? Cuz if its more stable I will definetly try them.

15. ceesay

ceesay Master Guru

GPU:
    2-X Titan X (Pascal) -SLI
    nope all good here...........:)

16. JoeyFUZZ911

JoeyFUZZ911 Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 670 FTW
    i will download them and try them out. I guess if they give me problems I can just go back to the 304.79 drivers.

17. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    1189MHz? By itself? No additional tweaking? Cos that's way beyond standard boost clocks. What are your temps then?

btw, I'm not noticing any stuttering in game play and I use vSync with everything, in combination with the old WHQL drivers.
    Afterburners framerate readings seems to dip to 59FPS a lot though, but I'm not noticing anything annoying while playing.

18. JoeyFUZZ911

JoeyFUZZ911 Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 670 FTW
    Yea 1189mhz all on its own. I game alot and it runs 75 degrees celcius max!! I know stock clocks it came with is 1006 and boost is 1086 but I run the Precision X program and monitor every game and its always 1140-1189mhz and i use vsync and frame rates are at 60.1fps on pretty much every game i play, with it dipping here and there when something graphically demanding pops up. I'm running on the 304.79 beta drivers. I'm gonna try the new WHQL drivers since apparently they are better....any more info on those drivers from others using them with there 670/680?

19. JoeyFUZZ911

JoeyFUZZ911 Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 670 FTW
    Ok so the 304.79 just crashed on me like 6 times while playing The Secret World within the last 2 hours. So i love my 670 but the drivers are pissing me off. just an update for peeps who play TSW. The drivers are so unstable.....one day they run good and another they run like crap

20. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Weird. The 670GTX FTW doesn't seem to be factory overclocked. But good for you though :banana: