Does Ryzen Master "Auto OC" persist through reboot? Do I have to keep Ryzen Master open/running?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by BlindBison, Nov 25, 2020.

1. BlindBison

BlindBison Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Hi there guys,

I recently downloaded the new AMD Chipset Drivers for my Ryzen 3900X as well as Ryzen Master.

Typically I just run stock settings myself, but given Ryzen Master has the "Auto OC" setting which I'd expect to be a safe way to gain perhaps 1-2% for "free" I figured why not enable it (Open Ryzen Master -> "Reset" -> Enable "Auto OC" -> Apply and Test button).

My concern however is two-fold:

1) Do I have to keep the Ryzen Master application open at all times for the Auto OC to function or can I close the app once I've enabled + applied and tested the Auto OC?

2) Do my settings persist through reboot or do you have to reopen and reapply the "Auto OC" every time you reboot your machine?

I have disabled windows Fast boot for what it's worth inline with some other guides I read online if that's relevant. Anyhow, thanks for your help and time, I really appreciate it!

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Ryzen Master is supposed to enable these settings in BIOS upon restart which persist through concurrent restarts and don't require Ryzen Master to be open.

BlindBison likes this.
  3. BlindBison

BlindBison Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    @Netherwind Thanks! That's great to know -- in that case, what I may opt to do is download GeForce -> Experimental for the GPU "Autotuning" OC then use Ryzen Master for the "Auto OC" of the CPU -- my hope is it'll be a pretty safe way to get slightly more performance out of my components. Awesome that Ryzen Master can be set and forgotten at this point, sweet. Thanks for your reply.

Netherwind likes this.
  4. 386SX

386SX Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    I would start at cpu and work my way to gpu afterwards. You probably oc bclk, which impacts gpu stability.

BlindBison likes this.

5. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I never liked overlocking software for a cpu. I just go in the bios and increase the speed by small increments, run some benchmarks, rinse and repeat until you get a stable speed. You can also increase the voltage by a small bit at a time, it just takes some tweaking. There are plenty of helpful videos on youtube to help you out.

Edit: Also Cinebench is a great program to test stability.

386SX and BlindBison like this.
  6. BlindBison

BlindBison Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super