Does RTSS have a frame rate limit hotkey?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by 0458315753, Mar 26, 2020.

1. 0458315753

0458315753 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070S
    Can a hotkey for toggling a fps cap be set? For example in Rise of the Tomb Raider, I'd cap at 30 on most outdoor areas and remove the limit on interiors.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

3. 0458315753

0458315753 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070S
    In the 7.3.0 (Beta 2) I bound a 30fps cap (pictured) to a hotkey in the HotkeyHandler profiles, in addition to unlimited fps, and haven't yet got the setup to work.
    I configured the 60fps preset (under "custom").

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

["ALANUOLI" = DOWNARROW, "YLÄNUOLI" = UPARROW]

4. Unwinder

Keep trying harder, at least try to read development thread and posts related to b2, doing so is the primary thing that had to be done prior to posting “is it working for anyone”? There are not so many posts there related to this functionality. Probably then you’ll realize that you have to enable the plugin. Do not make me regret that I initially replied to this thread, it us starting generating too many fake “it is broken” claims.

0458315753 likes this.

5. 0458315753

0458315753 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070S
    The plugin was enabled.

I had created a custom profile for ROTTR.exe which prevented the global changes from being applied to this specific game. After deleting the profile the hotkeys function flawlessly.
    I'm very sorry for any inconvenience. I'll edit my other messages appropriately to avoid spreading misinformation.

Unwinder likes this.
  6. Unwinder

No problem at all, glad that you've got it working yourself and nailed down the problem. In your case you can also make those changes specific to your target game profile only, to do so just specify ROTTR.exe as target profile name in profile modifier properties. So the hotkey will only modify the profile for this game and won't alter global one.

0458315753 likes this.
  7. SalamatiQus

SalamatiQus Active Member

GPU:
    4090 Windforce
    Hello, all.

If I understand it correctly then having specific game profile will prevent global hotkeys to work in such profiles. In order for hotkeys to work in those specific profiles I will have to define profile name in hotkey settings.
    Now, I do have a lot of profiles and I wish for hotkeys to work in all of them and since specifying profile names in hotkey settings everytime is bothersome and 4 hotkey profiles is certainly not enough that seems impossible.
    Anything I can do to achieve a state where hotkeys work in all specific profiles?