Does increasing "Refresh period" reduce the RTSS polling frequency?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by BlindBison, Jul 4, 2022.

1. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Looking over the setup, it's not entirely clear to me which field controls the RTSS polling rate or if that's even accessible to the end user (apologies, I'm not very knowledgeable that this sort of thing -- I did Google around first, perhaps I've overlooked something obvious, but didn't see this setting covered in the search results).
    upload_2022-7-4_12-49-43.png
    So, my question is -- by default this is every 500 ms or every half second. If I increase this to 1000 ms, does that mean RTSS will only poll applications for frame data every second instead of every half second? Thanks!

Another question I had along the way is, for the 32 bit vs 64 bit under compatibility settings, if I have a 64 bit machine, should I switch this over to 64 bit? Or is it preferable to leave it on 32 bit with the 64 bit service ON? Again this is an area that I don't really understand so i've just never touched it. Thanks!

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Try to peek into the context help provided for that setting. It doesn’t affect anything but FPS/frametime text counters refresh period to improve rapidly changing text counters readability. And no, RTSS doesn’t “poll” applications, it works in context of each application and process each presentable frame regardless of this _visualusation_ related setting.
    Second option you mention also has detailed context help. It is video capture related.

BlindBison likes this.
  3. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Thank you very much, that's helpful! I'll just leave it on the defaults then.