Does High Quality (NVCP) effect Developers optimization driver?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by NvidiaFreak650, Oct 28, 2019.

1. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    This been on my mind for a while ever since I found my old Nvidia GeForce FX 5800 Ultra a few days ago but like the title say, does changing the Nvidia control panel setting from quality to high quality disable developers optimization?

2. Guzz

Guzz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    What do you mean by developers optimization?

3. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    I probably know what your referring to and no, I never really investigated this situation, very very very interesting you brought it up, thanks alot, I will look into this very seriously later on.

Also, I usually set it to high quality and have absolutely 0 problems but far as other stuff you mentioned, I need to further investigate it more seriously, thank you very much for bringing this up and yes, I remember the FX series, LOL, the Geforce FX 5200 = Worst Gpu Ever, Even a Geforce 4 TI performed better.

I have owned the FX 5950 ultra and the Radeon 9800 XT, both great cards, Radeon 9800xt performed better overall, This is kinda off topic but since I brought it up, some may be interested in this, take a look at this link:

https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/...x_5950_ultra_kings_of_the_vga_hill/index.html

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    venturi and patteSatan like this.
  4. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    When Nvidia release a driver while working with the Developers to optimize the game, gives you a boost over the last driver.
    Example
    [​IMG]

If you use High Quality in the Nvidia Control Panel, does it disable those Optimization?

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Maybe a little, single digit % by some games.

Just don't use TrAA 2xSS or 4xSS with it, normal multisample TrAA can be tricky too, saw it in Destiny2 and GTA5, up to 5fps difference.

venturi likes this.
  6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the quality mode turns off a couple of filter tunings that nvidia has deemed not to cause visible quality difference, it doesn't interfere with the optimizations they use for games, which are usually custom driver recompiler settings tuned to the games.