Does EVE online really look this good?? (Trailer)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by KrAzYeTy, Aug 11, 2006.

1. KrAzYeTy

KrAzYeTy Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 570GTX SLI
    LINK HERE

I know its an older game, but I am looking for something new to play..

I think you can try it for 14 days free right now!

Can anyone who's actually played this recommended it or not?

2. littledragon

littledragon Member Guru

GPU:
    6600GT
    someone at work keeps playing the game and won't shut up about it..

3. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Never really tried it but i am thinking on buying it because i love space sim games.

4. KrAzYeTy

KrAzYeTy Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 570GTX SLI

Yeah thats why I am wondering as well. I WISH there was a new FREELANCER....I still play it to this day with all the mods out there etc.

5. Herbert0100

Herbert0100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X 780ti 3gb
    looks crap lol theirs a free trial

6. MTL

MTL Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GTO SLI
    I love the Starlancer game. I just don't have a joystick to play it now so it's sitting on a shelf.

7. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    EVE isnt a space sim, its a MMO where you fly a ship but theres no joystick flying or anything, its all point and click. you also just use the ship, theres no walking around in places and you cant land on planets.

now that we got that out of the way... yes the game really looks that good although you wont see those dramatic camera angles during the actual gameplay but anyways that video has been made using actual ingame graphics. if you are interested in the game then i highly recommend downloading the client and trying out the trial since its not like you're gonna lose anything but some time that you probably would have spent playing some other game. if you enjoy the game then you can easily upgrade your account so you can access all the features of the game. it costs like 20$ or something and you get the standard 1 free month.

8. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    Try freespace, its free for xxxxxx days:)

9. KrAzYeTy

KrAzYeTy Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 570GTX SLI

Thanks for the great advice, going to give the trial a go and see what happens!

10. Goff

Goff Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 55nm SSC
    there is a game a bit like freelancer out now, try Darkstar One

11. KrAzYeTy

KrAzYeTy Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 570GTX SLI
    I did try the demo, which was decent but nothing special.. I will wait for a review or two once its released. :)

12. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    If it's a good-looking space-sim you're after, then you can't go far wrong with X3:Reunion. You'll need to give up your normal life, and possibly your job too as it takes ages to get anywhere with it, but it is a lot of fun if you like slow moving trading games (although you can obviously choose to be a pirate or merc too, and ignore the single-player storyline altogether).

Downsides to the game are starforce (especially if you have a dislike for SF, or SF doesn't like your dvd drive), and the fact you need an uber system to get the best out of the game. When X3 was released there were a lot of bugs and ctd issues, but the latest patch has fixed all of that.

control-wise you can use mouse+keyboard or joystick+mouse+keyboard, and as it's singleplayer only you don't have to pay subscription fees.

I was looking at EVE online too but decided I couldn't justify the fees - I might give the free client a go at some point though.

13. CVND

CVND Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800 GT OC Modded with NV5
    i love this game, i have been playing it since it came out, i have try diferent MMORPG but this one is better because is DIFERENT!!!
    this game isnt just hack n slash, in this game you have develope lot of things
    and the best thing is that the guy that play 24 hours a day wont get much more advance that the guys that only play 2-8 hours a day beside the money you will make and the items you will find.

it also release the expancion for free and they will release the path of kali this year and will bring a graphics update and lot fo more things

as i said this game is highly recommended

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ye, Darkstar one seems to be very cool, it's also very simillar to Freelancer... Waiting for some reviews myself...

Last edited: Aug 21, 2006
  15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000

16. KrAzYeTy

KrAzYeTy Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 570GTX SLI
    dido, cause the demo did not impress me.

17. KrAzYeTy

KrAzYeTy Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 570GTX SLI
    Well, if its prices no more than 39.99, I may think about it.

Thanks for the Links eclap!

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    np m8...

19. shodai

shodai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7950gt 550/1400 w/vf900
    I played EVE for several months - it's different but it's soooooo slow at times. Regardless of that, CCP (the team that made it) is amazing and obviously loves their customers.

20. Drizzt

Drizzt Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 7800GT @ Stock OC
    I've been hopping around MMOs for 6 years now. I played EVE when it first came out and I got bored of it. I'm playing EVE again now, I never gave it enough of a chance when I first played it.

Here is some advice for playing EVE. DO NOT TRY TO SOLO. If you try to solo you will become bored, frustrated and hate the game. There are 25 000+ people online at a single time on a single server. The game is not meant to be soloed play it like an Massive Multiplayer game.

Join a large corporation and be very sociable. The community is what makes the game so great. If you play the game like a loner who's looking for a nice single player space sim you will be horribly disappointed.