Does assassins creed support gamepad?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Nerox, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Nerox

Nerox Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 6950 2GB
    I have a Logitech Dual Action gamepad and I want to know if the game supports it? anynone have tried?

2. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    A quick google search lends to the "no" answer.
    But I use a 360 controller. If you plan on using a gamepad a lot in the future, I recommend getting a 360 controller as it has native support in almost any modern game.
    (great avatar btw. Sonic Youth rule)

3. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    OMG yes i got 1 today its so great :)

4. ZeroAndOne

ZeroAndOne Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 6800GS AGP 256mb @ stock
    Not sure about your controller.

I use xbox 360 wireless version controller on my laptop and it worked great with steam version of Assassin's Creed.

After using the xbox 360 controller, I totally put aside my old Saitek gamepad.
    Like dshramek said it has native support. No more going to game setting to define what each button does. Also the trigger buttons are great for racing game. They simulate acceleration and brake pedals for game such as Grid.

5. fischju

fischju Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 4850
    If it doesn't support your pad, you can always use XPadder

6. Stromgold

Stromgold Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    You can make Assassins Creed (or any game that supports an xbox360 controller) work with your logitech gamepad. Just use a Xinput emulator like this one:

http://www.tocaedit.com/IB/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=4

If you want to buy a 360 controller, thats cool too. They are very nice pads. But, if you don;t want to spend any money ona new controller now, this will do. I use it for several ms games that only support 360 controllers. :p

7. Nerox

Nerox Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 6950 2GB
    Are you sure? well I will give it a try. I think a 360 controller will be pretty difficult to use, it has so many buttons, and I mostly play soccer games!

8. DiEgO

DiEgO Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX570 Twin Frozr II
    Why does everyone say no?

I play it with a USB adapter for my Dualshock2 and it works perfect.

I think that you will not have any problems with your pad.

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i have xbox360 gamepad on my pc and AC runs just fine and BEST!

10. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE

11. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    I preffer the comfort and joystick placement on the a 360 controller never was a fan of dual shock just seem too sensitive an close together anyhow if you have a friend you can barrow one from to try it out am sure you'd love it after getting use to it..

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  12. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    You can even use a third party wired 360 controller in Windows, too. I used to use a madkatz 360 controller, but broke it after several months of use. The official MS ones are better quality imho. The wired ones are a bit cheaper too. As far as being complicated? Well, after using a 360 with the triggers & such, it feels the most natural.

13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i set up my ps3 dual shock 3 controller for the game last night, did not need anything just had to set the buttons manually in the game.

14. Nerox

Nerox Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 6950 2GB
    It seems assasins does support any gamepad, now Im playing it with my logitech pad. Wich other games support gamepads?and which ones feel better with a pad also? Here in Peru a 360 wired controller is like $45 and a wireless one is $55

15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    dunno what all games support gamepads, but two that come to mind that do not out of the box are wolveriene and prototype. that you needed to use the ximputemu or another emulation add on to get most other controllers to work.

most games as long as you can configure your controller in the game will support whatever pad, only the lazy xbox ports that are locked for xbox 360 pads will not support other pads wo resorting to trickery, but ximputemu does work brilliantly with the locked games.