Does anyone know what this error is?

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by sirrith, Jun 18, 2016.

1. sirrith

sirrith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    Hi, I just came back to my computer and found this window open... Never seen it before, didn't install anything new (I literally used my computer a little while in the morning, went to the gym, cooked lunch, sat down and saw this message open). Google isn't providing me with any answers, so I need help!

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 3060TI
    Assertion is used by software developers for debugging purposes. Developer inserts assert(some predicate) into source code then he builds debug version of application and runs it. When predicate is false he sees such window with assertion failure and can troubleshoot the place in code in debugger. If you see such assertion failure window it means you have application built with debug options.

http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/cassert/assert/

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ww5t02fa.aspx

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016

5. sirrith

sirrith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    Thanks everyone, those are some helpful replies. The error didn't appear again after I closed it. Now I just need to figure out what mongoose is and where it came from.

6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 3060TI
    "mongoose.c" is source code file (in C language) participated in application. I.e. application is built from several of such source code files.

From assertion window we can say that line 3830 in that "mongoose.c" has a check whether some queue is in valid state - "sq_head > sq_tail".

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016