Does anyone here work in ati or nvidia?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by death_samurai, Sep 26, 2009.

1. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    or maybe u know someone that does?

U know how people say it's due to marketing whereby the companies have the technology to create very high end gpus or cpus but they slowly release them into the market and they wait for a substantial time to pass before releasing them.

I was thinking who knows maybe the lab techs working for ati have a gpu that's 1 more newer generation than the current 5870?

Obviously it's not going to be released to the public until many months later but their using it for their personal amusement.

I am just curious what those guys have and what is actually available to the public.

2. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    If they did know all of that you are saying, I'm pretty sure they have a contract and they wont say anything
    or admit they work for either one of the companies :deflate:..
    Because I'm sure that some people from here work at ATI or NVIDIA.. :roll:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I'm sure ATI and nVidia employees, have an NDA from day 1 preventing them from speaking of any company matters.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  4. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    yeah bound my law and can me charged if they say anything

5. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870X2+4870 1GB on S T260
    the only leaks you will get on forums or media from employees are those encouraged by the corporate directors; thus, nothing to take into consideration too seriously (bc they are aimed leaks)

nobody it's going to risk their jobs just for the shake of it.....

6. Lutfi

Lutfi Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH4870X2 Trifan
    as a janitor, also include? hehehe.. :D

i'm sure there are fews of them wondering around here.. :D

7. compuguy1088

compuguy1088 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX AMD Radeon 5850
    Its actually called a non disclosure agreement (NDA).

8. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
    My brother knows a guy who works in the mobile gadgets lab of NVIDIA. Obviously I am not telling anyone what he told me. :D

9. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    u tease! perhaps if death samurai bribes u....

10. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    Not even a peep squeak?

Like hey we have super fast gpus in our labs that would make whatever's available on the market look like a snail.

Or maybe something like. I'm working for ati/nividia and i laugh everytime i see discussions about how your card can run crysis at that speed with these settings cos it's seriously slow.

Right here in our lab we're playing crysis with everything up with a minimum of 60fps at least and our card doesn't even flinch or overheat.

11. ottoyu34

ottoyu34 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX480 2-way SLI
    the fanboys works either of them for free.

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    It's called a typo.....everyone does it from time to time.

13. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I don't and have not worked for either of these companies but I know for a fact that they do for sure have cards in development for a while before they release them to the public, so to answer your question, I would put money down on the fact that they have cards they are already working on that are the successors to their current respective upcoming lineup

14. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Correct.. I will keep my post simplified.. Almost all the companies have 2-3+ more advanced technology.. But mostly not ready. And good they do.. Thats gives them the time to sort out everything and make it ready for production..

No you might say why not release it sooner? Because ANY companies goal is to make PROFIT.. Without profit(or personal inverstors). no company..

Examples:
    1: Six-Cores: They are on their way, but I guess they were preparing it for quite a while now..

2: PS3: Do you think that SONY just launched the PS3 and forgot about it? And just makes games for it and thats it? Absolutely NOT..They are already preparing PS4 but the PS3 has a long way to go and WAY MORE profit to bring..

Someone around here mentioned the COWS MILK example.. A good one.. You have a product, you sell it UNTIL is not profitable any more..

3: Think about this.. If Microsoft hadnt made Win7 and DX11 and wasnt gonna release them soon OR was gonna release them in 2010-2011 lets say,
    then someone EXPLAIN me WHY ATI or nVidia should launch a DX11 card and not just a refresh of the older ones just to keep their HW updated?

No DX11, no DX11 CARDS.. Just the a refresh after refresh.. Which is fine by me.. As long as each Company has a good product, thats good for them..

My best guess? They werent even gonna release that HD5000 series nor nVidia the GT300(maybe that why the yields?).. It just happened that ATI had finish the project faster and launched a product..

They released the HD5000 series and the oncoming GT300 because Microsoft made them, because the wanted to Release Win7.. So they hurry up to release them..

I think this makes sense why nVidia has trouble.. They didnt had enough time.. They might even know the Win7 launched date a WHOLE year ago.. But still, it wasnt enough to have a Product prepared for lauch.. Nothing to be ashame about.. When its ready, its gonna be produced.. Just my 0.02cents.