1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does anybody know of a 2070 super with a reference pcb (when the nvidia one is unobtainium)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by anub1s18, Jul 18, 2019.

1. anub1s18

anub1s18 Active Member

GPU:
    nv GTX 980 TI @ 1.4 WC
    hi,

so i'm looking to replace my watercooled 980ti with a watercooled 2070 super but..... getting a waterblock for the 2070 supers atm is impossible only the 2080 reference block fits on a reference 2070 super but NVIDIA doesn't seem to be selling the reference cards in Europe (as far as i can tell). so i have to go board partner and i have no idea which of them uses a reference design, tried contacting asus to see if they have any with a reference board layout but apparanetly that is classified information >.<

i know it's not really worth it, it's faster sure but for the money being spent not the smartest decision but my 980ti howls like a banshee when i game (and humms like a bee when i play a video) which is starting to annoy me, i've put up with it for over 4 years i'm reaching my limit.

2. anub1s18

anub1s18 Active Member

GPU:
    nv GTX 980 TI @ 1.4 WC
    nvm nvidia's selling the founders edition suddenly ^^

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the evga blowers should be reference, but you'd have to ask.

4. anub1s18

anub1s18 Active Member

GPU:
    nv GTX 980 TI @ 1.4 WC
    yea heatkiller has a pretty handy compatiblitysheet, basically all of evga (excluding the ftw) and inno3d are reference or should be.

i did ask asus and evga directly, as explained in the OP asus was a waste of time, evga quite helpfull in telling me all except for the ftw are based on the reference design but some chips may have been moved slightly.

that last addition was why i ordered a founders edition (also every non custom 2070s is kinda out of stock in holland, or your paying 100-150 more then you probably should).

i plan on slapping on a waterblock so i know the nvidia founders is compatable and also cheaper then the rest cause it's actually being sold for the price it should, though the asus evo's are even cheaper but asus are unhelpfull so screw them.

5. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    Asus Customer Support guys wouldn't know that answer. I know. :)

Historically, Asus cards are reference based on layout, tho they may adjust components. (Or choose NOT to put heatfins on memory chips... looking at you DCII coolers!)