Does Anybody Else Dislike Far Cry 2?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kanej2007, Oct 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I started the game yesterday. I completed around 3 missions, the current mission is to fix the car then kill everyone in some area.

The game has frozen twice before this and once again as I killed everyone and went to save!

I do so much work, go to save, then it freezes while saving...

I am not too happy about the ai as well.

In my opinion the game is overrated and NOT as good as they say it is.

I much preferred Crysis and Crysis Warhead.....

It's a shame as it performs well on my rig only not enjoying it so far and finding it very instable.....

Any other thoughts on the game?

2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti
    the map should be 50km right? It doesnt look like its 50km :S

some ppl say it's annoying that AI's are respawning at camps, it's a good thing btw.
    what will u do when u killed everything, and then what? nothing to kill or to shoot at!

3. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280x2 SLI
    Ya, I love driving around and all of a sudden a truck spawns out of thin air 5 feet in front of me. The best.

4. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Yeah, doesn't seem to be 50km, seems no bigger than the maps in crysis, and the graphics are no where near as good as crysis.

It's a shame, I had high hopes and waited years for this game to come out and I'm dissapointed, but I'm sure many others are too very pissed off.

5. MM10X

MM10X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    the 9800 GX2 is the most unstable video card for this game -_-

i personally think its a really fun game. i've only have issues on the map editor not starting up with the 180.xx drivers. but other than that everything works great.

6. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    yeah it does look a lot different from the first video that I saw.

7. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    add me too...

i expected this game to be better than crysis in GFX and game play but it seems the gfx are avg nothing special and well the gun system were it shows that ****ty black/white image is wank i cant tell what guns what lol, i hope their a few mods or patches come soon

8. Loki91

Loki91 Maha Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA 8800GTS 512MB @670
    IIRC, it's 50 square kilometers, so total area (~7x7km if square), not 50km across.

9. d1fferent

d1fferent Maha Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Ahh this is a real shame after the crysis series I thought farcry wud be a big improvement, obviously with the ammount of negative feedback and problems on here, does not look lyk I will be purchasing this edition of far cry, I will just have to keep on playing my crysis warhead :p

Anyway, one last point to add is, I can't wait for COD 5! :D and Litch King!

10. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    is their any way to get the name of guns to show instead of that ****ty black/white image

11. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I prefer the original far cry. Why did they have to spoil it? :bang:

Oh well, I'm praying for another crysis to come out hopefully next year...

For the time being, hopefully a patch will sort out some problems with strange AI problems and the freezing issues...

12. JustDuck

JustDuck Banned

GPU:
    Asus Geforce 8800GTS 320
    What you expecting ? Its best free-open FPS game made so far. (except maybe Operation Flashpoint, which is different type of game)

About those who blame AI - its so easy blame outdoor game AI , but thats real AI ! I would like to know games that has "very good AI" in open world , I failed to find one. Take a look at your Morrowind, that was GOTY and some of you call it "good game" .. hostile npcs navigate in your footstep locations and goes to smash your face .. thats all AI it got

About those who blame graphics I would say that you must pay in frames per seconds for each nice visual. Its like buying cheap Wolkswagen, and blaming there are no v8 engine, and good interior details inside. Still visuals and performance ratio is awesome in this game

I knew what is square kilometer when I was 10 year old boy , this explains all about some people here

13. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    yeah i put my purchase on hold and will only purchase NBA 2k9. Maybe someone will find a way to mod the game to unlock the eyecandy we saw during the leaked videos (last year)

14. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    Q: Does Anybody Else Dislike Far Cry 2?

A: Yes

Q: Who?

A: Certainly not me.

end of log.

15. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080

16. SERUM

SERUM Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti
    I've held off from buying it to see what the reponse from peeps would be. Looks like i'll be holding off 'till its in the sale ;)

17. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    i want my money back

ive never said that before ever! even with UT3

18. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB

Some people here also won't admint the fact that the game is far from perfect...

I am not saying the game is crap, but many people are having problems with the game.

Far Cry 2 took years to come out, they had plenty of time to make at least a 'near' perfect game but they ****ed it up.

19. xtaz

xtaz Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 9800GTX+
    After reading some reviews and a lot of comments I decided not to buy FC2. And I'm sure I won't be missing much.
    Poor AI, rather boring story etc, no thanks but I'll pass on this one. I might pick it up once it's €5, like I did with FC1.
    But there's the difference: FC1 was worth the price, even when it was €40.
    And although I haven't played FC2, I don't want to waste €40 on such a game. Too bad, but GTA4 is coming soon so I don't really care.

20. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    and what is up with the dudes hands when swimming, since when do you bend em to the point of snappin

also when he holds a gun just looks like a arm with no joints or hand

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.