DOA Mobo?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by TyrantofJustice, Nov 9, 2018.

1. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    Everything was fine with my system until I swapped to this new z390 asrock tachi .. the lights glow ... But nothing comes on ... No PSU fan no fans ... No hard drives .. water cooler .. nothing.. but it is getting power...no matter where I put the case power switch to pins on Mobo it will not start up ... I tried removing gpu and sound card ... All USB things... I really don't want to have to ship this thing back and rebuild with old Mobo then the new one again lol plus I have the old one sold.

2. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Maybe read manual, wrong RAM slots, something not connected, etc..
    DOA Mobo are not rare, however.

3. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    Replacement brand new board same darn issue ... Will a z390 board boot up with an 8700k?

4. Ji1986

Ji1986 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX670 OC SLI
    It should be fine running that CPU they are both 1151 socket.

Have ensured you have all the power cables in the motherboard? check the manual, do you need to have the 8 pin and 4 pin both in at the top of the motherboard?

5. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Pretty sure it will although check the cpu support list on the manufacturer's site. Is it doing anything beep codes anything?

6. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    you do not need the 8 and 4 pin ... just the 8 is required.. idk what happened because i tried every pin config with the power switch to mobo connector even the correct one for over an hour trid rite side up and the opposite and finally it came on. and is working ever since...... down side is my case lights on my coller master cosmos c700p are not working and were before thre first motherboard failure and switch. i will mess with that tomorrow.