1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you use turn signals when driving?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Aug 27, 2017.

1. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    ^ didn't sell well enough because it was an ugly POS, just like the new one is an ugly POS, That image is really weird as well because the car either has huge bumpers that run right round the entire bottom of the car or it has the biggest gap I have ever seen between the wheels and the top of the wheel arches.

The only reason they need all those bumpers is because of how stupid and over chunky the cars are and that 85% of the wankers that drive them can't park them for crap.

and just so I am not hi jacking the thread here's a nice video about the weirdness of US indicators (turn signals)

airbud7 likes this.
  2. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I never thought of that^ ......informative video, thanks.

3. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    That just doesn't happen here. People move to the right once they've done the overtaking. Overtaking via the right lane is a big no no but obviously if someone drives 100km/h when you are supposed to go 120 km/h then you obviously don't have to slow down on the right line.

4. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX

Ahhhh I think we have crossed wires here I thought you were talking about single lane roads rather than double lane roads. Yeah it sort of works here, except you pull in to the right to overtake and then move left once you're past but we do get an awful lot of people who dawdle well below the limit, and seem to not use mirrors at all. I'll usually try to avoid 'undertaking' (passing them in the left or slow lane) but their are rare occasions were I have had to resort to it.

airbud7 likes this.

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    In case of single lane road, then obviously only someone who is high overtakes on the right when the overtaking from the left is not allowed. Definitely not allowed (and considering our roads, physically often impossible).

6. 386SX

386SX Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    I did the same too, but for others it seems very annoying if a German raises his hand out of the car. Besides one guy who raised his hand back. But he was walking .... :D

In Germany, you may overtake another car by signaling by HORN only instead of the signal by lights. I didn't do that yet, because I do not know how to do it EXACTLY, but just imagine ...

You drive say 100km/h on the Autobahn ... still chilled and stuff ... and then you see a car coming in close to your back, but instead of signaling anything, it comes closer and closer and suddenly HONKS LIKE AN IDIOT and overtakes you last second without any "traditional" signal at all.
    Your blood pressure will be 200 to 30.
    Your pulse at least in the upper 190's to 200's.
    Your eyes wide open ...
    ... and you suspect EVERYTHING from collision to murder happening during the next seconds. :D

And then, after you thought it cannot get worse, you see this ad next to the Autobahn:

[​IMG]

Germany's English translations for the win! *lol*

Btw.: Do you think a tank signals before turning? :p

But for myself:
    I use signals almost every time. For changing lanes, turning or overtaking. Sometimes not, I confess, but 90% of the time, yes. At least where it makes sense to do so.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    Mat, airbud7 and mbk1969 like this.
  7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070

Mat, 386SX and airbud7 like this.
  8. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    haha^ ...fun read :p