Do you think this forum needs to be closed?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeatSurge

HeatSurge Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 c216 679/1080
    I don't think Unwinder should take (as much) time to read posts if he doesn't want to!

Hellooooo, did anyone pay one cent for support here?! This is on a voluntary basis after all!

I am just happy the software is still being updated, even after the threat of a "2.0 version final forever" release which I remember shuddering at about a year ago.

I say Unwinder, if you don't have as much time, drop support almost entirely and focus on updating the app! It should still work for _most_ people who know how to make it work if it does for you personally!

2. SirLink

SirLink Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 980Ti
    I am coming in late here. But I completely agree with those people who say your rude to others.

This forum is part of Guru3D and as such needs to treat people the same, regardless of how stupid or repetitive their questions are... When people post here, they are not just looking for your input. People post to also get feedback from other users, but when you come around and close the thread and behave rudely, it puts people off...

You don't have to make people happy, but you don't need to be rude either.

I for one will never use the app again, not out of spite or anger against you, but what good is it to me if I can't post a question directed to others (despite the fact that you think its useless spam)

3. vFiReStOrMv

vFiReStOrMv Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512mb
    Take a chill pill and relax. It's just a forum... Definetly needs to be left opened. Let others answer the stupid questions and step in when something can't be answered by others.
    Great App.by the way...

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Then what are you doing in this forum? The thread was created to collect opinions of those who actively use the tool and visit this subforum frequently for many years. You don't belong to them, as many others who entered this forum for the first time in their life to post some negative stuff in non-moderated thread about the tool they don't use.
    Please don't waste your time posting anything if you're not RT user.

5. Tipton

Tipton Banned

And why do you think he is not a Rivatuner user?? Because like he stated, why would he want to be if he can't even ask questions without getting rude pompous ass comments back? This sub forum needs to quit being micro-managed by Unwinder. He simply does not have the personality that it takes to be a proper forum moderator. Alot of members would probably come back to this sub-forum, and start using Rivatuner again if things changed.

6. icedragon99

icedragon99 New Member

No wonder he is rude and useless, he is Russian.

And don't say I could not do this job. I am an IT consultant, probably know 10 times as much as you about computers, I moderate my own game which i coded and also moderate the forum with hundreds of posts per day...

Do some research before saying you are better than others.

Tell me this: What is this forum for?
    I would say it is to help people with any problems they are having with RivaTuner by helping them. I would not say it is for locking the topic if the post is not to your liking.

7. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    And you are an idiot.

8. Malonn

Malonn Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Xtrme
    Yeah, you're an idiot, icedragon99. Hate to break it to you.

I haven't read every single post. Time is what it is. But I think you made the right decision to keep the forum open. It is a repository of knowledge. Some people use it correctly, others don't. As sure as you were born, it will continue to be that way. There is no sense in responding to the ubiquitous lazy questions. By being harsh/rude (which i agree, you can be at times - not that it's right or wrong - it just is) in responses seems to make people feel insulted (tissue paper thin skinned people), while just ignoring the post would probably give the result you are looking for more than a response. It forces people to find the answer themselves or give up. If they truly want the answer, they'll find it. You can find just about anything about anything on the internet. And it's not that hard to boot.
    Also, discontinued development of RivaTuner would be a blow to the community. There is no better utility for Nvidia. I find that hard to classify as an opinion too.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  9. vFiReStOrMv

vFiReStOrMv Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512mb
    [QUOTEicedragon99] No wonder he is rude and useless, he is Russian.

There's no room here for racism. If somebody is an ass, ( not saying he is) it's because of personality, not race or nationality!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  10. grunger

grunger Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX970 4GB
    Absolutly correct

11. injekt

injekt New Member

I've been coming to this board for information on RivaTuner issues for so long that it was still able to remind me of one of your posts so long ago:

(http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=67078#post67078)

Yet, I've NEVER had to make an account here to resolve my issues, I always found a thread that helped me find the information that I needed. I can't understand how you've managed to deal with these Noobs for so long. I know if RivaTuner were my project, I would have either abandoned it or purposely redesigned the program that anyone not intelligent enough to use a search feature or understand how to overclocking/tuning would have surely melted their GPU and have never made it to this forum to waste your time.

Thanks for developing such a great tool, its easily the utility I've been using for the longest time.

Cheers mate.

12. Unwinder

Even if I promised to stop moderating this forum and banning anyone here, it doesn't mean that other mods cannot do it.

All

Ignore the troll please.

13. Joshua

Joshua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX260 Core 216
    First, I'd just like to say I've met quite a few "IT consultants". As far as enthusiasts and people in the know go, I probably wouldn't specifically put anybody IT related in that classification. But, if I need to know why my optical mouse isn't lighting up, you'll be the first person I call. As to your questions "What is this forum for?" You are right. This forum is here to help people. But, why should people be helped if they are unwilling to try and help themselves first? Any job, school, life pretty much, you're always taught to fish for the answer. Try and figure it out on your own, so that you may learn from it. If you're too lazy or can't figure out to use something as simple as a search feature, you probably shouldn't be using a tool like RivaTuner anyway.

Dis 'b' tru mon. :D

Hey UW. Instead of looking at the possibility of closing this section of the forums, why not talk to Hilbert and ask for a 2nd branch for RT? Use this area for newbs, and let kind users try to help them out, then maybe have a 2nd section that's not visible until somebody hits over, I don't know, 250 posts? It seems that most of the newbs askin' dumb questions also have low post counts, or even sometimes it'll be their first post.

I don't know, just an idea. I just feel bad for those of us that have benefit from what you've had to say over the years. I know a few of us rely on you for guidance in various tweaking, overclocking, and such.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  14. Unwinder

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=2470918&postcount=56

15. Joshua

Joshua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX260 Core 216
    Ah. Thanks man. Obviously, I didn't have time to read through a few hundred posts, lol, but I can completely see your point. Just tryin' to throw some ideas out there to make things easier on you, as I've seen what's been goin' on for quite a while. . . going off of that, I've got to say you have way more patience than I, good sir. :-D

16. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I'm unsticking and closing this thread now as appearantly it's inviting for trolls to lure Unwinder out for a reaction.

This forum will remain open, multiple moderators have been assigned to watch out potential flaming and abuse. I hope to see a forum section here where users can have a good chat about RT and help each other out.

Unwinder will remain watching, and will address issues if they are valid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.