Do you think cables make a difference in home theaters

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by abula, May 27, 2002.

1. abula

abula Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4090 Strix
    Hi,<br>
    <br>
    I'm building my home theater, 5 JBL speakers with a PB12 subwofer and an onkyo reciever. <br>
    <br>
    Now a friend of mine told me that a home theater should be used with quality cables, and the other one told me that RADIOSHACK cables are enough, and don't waist money on cables.<br>
    <br>
    1) Whats you opionion, is it worth it or not?<br>
    <br>
    2) I found two manufatures of cables, Acoustic Research and Monster, I know that maybe monster is better, but do you think is not enough Acoustic Research?<br>
    <br>
    Thanks for any replies,<br>
    Abula

2. GTa86

GTa86 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon 7850
    yes they do make a difference, I am running monster cables from my dvd to my tv, and it noticibly cleares in both sound and video. When I was using the stock cables, the picture was a tad fuzzy, but hardly noticable, and the colors looked a tad bland....the sound was just muffled at times, and the effects drowned out the speech. <br>
    <br>
    I also use Acoustic research Coax cables, and they are pretty good, realy quality feel on em than just the run of the mill radio shack

3. GeForce 4 Ti 4600

GeForce 4 Ti 4600 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070 Strix
    as far as coax goes i wouldnt get any cable that isnt rg-6 type quad shield. i work for a cable company and the cable we use is quad shield 18 wire guage. shielding is very important for good quality picture and sound. i wouldnt buy anything from radioshack either LOL

4. bwx232

bwx232 Guest

ARE you using OPTICAL CABLE from all your components that have an optical port to your reciever? (dvd, cd) I have foung that makes the biggest upgrade in sound quality. It's like night ang day

5. INNOVISION

INNOVISION Guest

My DAD bought this $100 S-VIDEO cable for the DVD player to TV. I ask him WHY ??. He said that it would give the best image quality.