Do you still trust the news?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Repo Man, Oct 13, 2011.

?

Do you still trust the news ?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. No

86 vote(s)
    90.5%
  1. wootwoot

wootwoot Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
    The best model for best quality of life, is the freedom to make the life of your choosing. With the least government intrusion and equality under the law.

.....and where do they plan on getting the money to do these things? Oh, steal it from the rich, then of course that bleeds down until its middle class and up. Straight up excessive taxation, on income, on purchases on all kinds of things.

Lot of morality and justice there. Oh wait you guys call that "social justice" funny concept to justify criminality. The ends don't justify the means.

The continual growth of government and intrusion into the private sector.

Yeah, and what about all the things they want to ban?? Banning of speech, of possession of items (including weapons for one of the most basic and absolute human rights, self-defense) of ideas if they can, helped along by indoctrination in government education.

They want to create all kinds of coddling laws to treat us all like babies incapable of making our own decisions and living with the consequences. We can already see the bull**** in your countries and its disgusting to us. Its been infiltrating our country long enough.

I don't want to become one of the collective.

You don't consider threat of imprisonment or fines even to be force?

Thats great...I oppose monopolies and the buying of politicians. But I don't support any kind of class warfare agenda against corporations.

I have no problem with working more, I work threw most of my paid vacations by choice. The US didn't get where it is by us all being a bunch of self indulged douches.

After the 16th amendment. Which didn't get ratified until 1913.....

Prior to that it read.

"No Capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in Proportion to the Census or enumeration herein before directed to be taken."

We did not have a income tax until then, in fact tried income taxes were ruled unconstitutional.

Access to healthcare can be seen as a right. Forcing someone else to pay for it, not a right.

The Fed government creating and forcing a healthcare system. Not a Constitutional Power. Definitely not the people I want involved with making healthcare decisions either.

Cry me river with this kids not having access to healthcare, thats not reality.

2. lillelj

lillelj Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 675M
  3. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    Speaking of drugs; did you know that the production of opium in Afghanistan is up 61% since the U.S. troups took over? The "war on drugs" is one of the biggest frauds - ever. A little research will show that the CIA are the biggest drug dealers of all!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-15265860
    http://ciadrugs.com/
    http://www.serendipity.li/cia.html

4. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    ALL the things you say about social democracy are outright lies.

The USSR is not social democracy. You have to look at the Germans, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Finland etc for social democracy at its best. These are countries which have a VERY high quality of life.

There is no company forcing you to do anything, there are no cops forcing anyone. As a matter of fact the cops in Europe are half as oppressing as cops in the US.

As from where the money is coming from? A taxation system which is progressive and strong investments in education, health and infrastructure.

As for the Dutch, they REALLY have **** figured out. My favourite country by far.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011

5. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    doesn't surprise me me though.Hope one day the cia gets caught in the act of transporting it back,to put on the streets.opium is the only reason the government wont pull our forces out since bin laden is dead and yea this whole war on drugs is pure nonsense and a waste of tax payer's money Ron Paul addressed it too and wants to end the "war on drugs" along with limiting the government by a lot and bring all of our troops home because we need to stop putting our noses in other countries affairs/problems and get the country back on track.The current administration just wants the war to go on and hand out money that the country doesn't have.not to mention obama just sent 100 troops to Uganda just because of some rebels and back in Jan he sent 4,000 troops to Haiti when the u.s is still fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan and we even have troops in south Korea still.
    EDIT:sorry for bad Grammar

6. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    Well, the ATF got caught selling guns to the Mexican drug cartels! If you don't know about "operation fast and furious", check it out:
    http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hanni...-most-underreported-scandal-obamas-presidency

7. wootwoot

wootwoot Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
    You can't think of anything I said to be true in any of those countries?

No banning of speech (and similar) no banning of items? (or otherwise excessive control of), no nanny state type stuff, no inequality ...I mean you said one your self. Progressive tax.

Progressive tax is a discriminatory tax system. No excessive taxation? I mean effectively having 50% -60% of your income for an average citizen even go to the government is not excessive? Having half the country working for the government ?

I pretty sure I can find some of those things if I cared to take the time to point them out, I don't believe your being honest.

How cops act, is not the issue. Laws are the issue.

If its something you justify with phrases like "social justice" or "the greater good", its probably something discriminatory and immoral.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  8. randomizer

randomizer Master Guru

GPU:
    5600 xt Gaming OC
    Has anyone heard of democracynow? Its run by donations and isnt sponsored by any companies. So everything they say is legit.

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    You just proved 51% of the US to be dumber than I previously thought....thanks for making life more depressing for me.

Fox = Republican News Network.... Doesn't matter if it's true. If a Republican claims a democrat did it. It gets reported and claimed to be fact. If a Republican claims they didn't do it....it's reported and claimed to be fact.

I only trusted the local news until a local reported's sex tape got posted on the internet, and she didn't report it.

wow....for once, Randy posts something I can actually agree with....I bolded what I agree with...

Lets not make this political.... both parties are full of money grubbers that don't give 2 ****s about the people that they represent. Their only concern is making each other look bad. Election campaigns are perfect proof of this....nobody ever says what THEY want to achieve while in office. Instead, they tell you what they think their opponent wants to achieve (which is usually edited to make it appear as though their opponent's soul intention is to screw you over).

10. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    I rather like that source. My bull**** meter never seems to go off when I listen to them.

11. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    Avoiding to watch and read news as much as possible, since I don't know what to do with my anger, frustration and embarrassment over belonging to the human race.
    Even some reply's in this thread get it up in me.

12. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I'm no longer reading the news and wondering whats going on. Nowadays i read the news and ask myself

- why do they want me to see this?
    - why do they tell it from this perspective?
    - is there something they left out and why?

13. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    Here's another question for you: Who owns what?
    http://www.cjr.org/resources/index.php?c=fisher
    Click on "Select a media company".