Do you SLI or not?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by flimbo, Jan 20, 2010.

?

Do you SLI or not?

1. Yes

115 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. No

89 vote(s)
    43.6%
  1. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Hmm

I seem to recall that just recently you were saying your GTS 250 was more than enough now you're running a GTX 260 with a GTS 250 as a dedicated PPU....You've got the fever boy and you're just one step away from an SLI HIGH! :banana:

2. R0achTheWarHero

R0achTheWarHero Banned

GPU:
    55nm 260gtx 750/1511/2406
    This guy is using a geforce 5500fx x 1 and probably voted yes in the poll rofl

3. cliffgamerz

cliffgamerz Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3070 8GB
    Sorry i didn't mean to,but his PM inbox is full and i don't have his email.

Clifford

4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix RTX 3090 H2O
    :ban:

5. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    *shakes head * :(

6. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Are you done yet? Cybermancer has warned you at least three times already, and your comments aren't helping the thread, so please leave, or refrain from making anymore comments. Thank you.

7. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    would have to say that while multi-gpu pcs are obviously a minority of gaming pcs, in a pc enthusiast forum like this you are going to have a much higher proportion of people with sli or Xfire setups as it's largely enthusiasts who buy them. Hence the poll results.

8. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    R0achTheWarHero, I gave you a 'final' warning about trolling a long long time ago, and yet you continue even after these recent requests to refrain from taking threads of track.

No means no, if you can't get that then you may as well not be part of this community.

9. iako

iako Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 LIGHTNING
    I have to say... personally I haven't experienced these driver problems...

The few times, 2 or more years ago, that I had a game which had no SLi profile in the driver..I just renamed it's .exe to a game that had a profile with the settings I wanted...and away I go.. then soon enough new drivers show up with the profile I wanted and I rename back again.
    Haven't had to do that for a long time now anyway..

10. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Only problems I've ever run across were with a few of the 195.xx drivers, and a couple games that didn't have proper profiles (these have since had profiles added), and stuttering UE3 games with practically all of the 195.xx driver series (195.55, 195.62 excluded as they worked great for me).

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010

11. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i must say i haven't had any issues in a LONG time with drivers and my 8800GTS SLi machine. and microstuttering? never ever had it. Most games scale really well these days! so i'd do SLi again and probably will when i can find another cheap 260. then when DX11 is mainstream ill get a single dx11 card and when it cant keep up i'll sli that aswell ;)

if SLi aint your thing then fine, but dont bash it! many of us here on these forums think its a great tech ... and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  12. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Here are the results of my benchmarks for Stalker Call Of Pripyat....on the 4th leg of these bench marks where sun shafts are used, my performance doubled using sli.

With just one card , all of the vegatation was popping before my eyes, and with 2 cards in sli, everything for the most part, was already drawn out and was very easy on the eyes and running very smooth.

The benchmark was run ay 1920 x 1080 on extreme settings with no AA and the sun shafts on low

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am really digging my sli set up so far.

13. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    i ran sli once and did't run well at all and had some issues.
    so dunno if i'm ever going run sli again.

14. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    lol now he thinks the poll was rigged jajaa jeez neverseen someone so full of himself. bet u tought u where special cause u had sli. face reality.

15. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Wow! Sli in the majority!! Would never have thought that many had it. Times certainly have changed.

16. MisterWhippy

MisterWhippy Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 960
    Well, look at who this site caters to. SLI is huge in circles of nerds like us, but out in the real world, most people only dream of Dual Graphic cards...or else they can't care less.

17. HBrown140

HBrown140 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX-285 2GB in SLi
    Yes I do. First with two BFG 7800's .Next with two Bfg 9800GTX O/Ced and now with 2 EVGA GTX 285.

18. BIGWORM

BIGWORM Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 260 SP216
    THIS POLL IS RIGGED!!!

On a serious note: What minimum resolution is best to start with SLi? I guess that'd be the dependent on the game/bells and whistles?

19. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    And which set of cards are in SLI. You're not gonna be playing Crysis at 2560x1920 with 9600GT's in SLI ;)

20. Cyrax

Cyrax Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti gamer SLI
    bassicly you only need sli if you start playing @ 1920 x 1200 and above in my opinion...

i play @ 2560 x 1600 so yes i use Sli
    not really happy with the gtx 295 in sli doh...you really need to have a good knowledge of PC.

im using nhancer now to try and use all my gpu`s in new games cause most drivers suck with newly released games :3eyes: