Do you have to use MSI Afterburner to on-screen display VRAM usage?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by BlindBison, Mar 6, 2020.

1. BlindBison

BlindBison Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Hi there guys,

I apologize in advance if this is user error, but I had read in some forums from a couple years back that you could view VRAM usage via RTSS's on-screen overlay -- that said, I do not know with certainty if this was actually true at some point in the past and I do not see an option to display VRAM usage within the RTSS settings for the latest version -- which of course makes sense considering RTSS is an fps limiting/monitoring utility, I'm not complaining just communicating and checking on my current understanding.

I know that you can use MSI Afterburner to display VRAM usage, but in my tests, if I have RTSS overlay ON and MSI Afterburner ON, the MSI Afterburner overlay seems to "override" the RTSS one where both overlay's do not show up on screen at the same time.

I would prefer not to have both utilities if I don't have to since all I want MSI Afterburner for is the VRAM usage on-screen display part -- is there a better way to display VRAM usage perhaps? Or alternatives that would simply put an onscreen overlay of VRAM usage up beyond MSI Afterburner?

Thanks for your time, sorry for the trouble or if I got anything wrong here.

2. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    There are no 2 overlays you set what you want monitored in the Afterburner settings and RTSS is the server that displays it.

BlindBison likes this.
  3. BlindBison

BlindBison Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Aaah, gotcha -- thanks, that's helpful