Do you have a racing cockpit?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ROBSCIX, Jul 21, 2010.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    You have to move those speakers behind your chair. The way you have them now will mess up your imaging badly.

2. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    Come on man, there's an awesome racing rig in there. And don't tell me you don't find that whole setup less than amazingly amazing?

3. Tiger253

Tiger253 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280
    Yeah I wish I could. GRID is all I use it for on PC. I usually play PS3 GT Prologue when I set it up to the living room coffee table lol.

4. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The topic of the thread is the rigs if we start getting into surrounding sutff, then the thread will go off topic very fast.

5. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SLI
    I am in the process of getting a playseat.

I am trying to decide on which one I want.

ToolJar....what playseat is that....and does that bar in the middle interfear with your pedals at all?

6. malky

malky Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I will be building my own eyefinity cockpit setup when funds allow, right now I look here for inspiration :)

http://www.thewayiplay.com/

As far as impoving your laptimes I would say in my experience yes, sitting in a more realistic driving postion allows more natural reflexes me tinks and to anyone with a Logitech G25/G27 wheel you NEED one of these, worth 1/4 to 1/2 a second a lap to me on roadcourses.

http://www.leobodnar.com/products/DFPG25conn/

7. ToolJar_80

ToolJar_80 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 G1x2 SLI
    I have no idea what Playseat this is. A buddy of mine picked it up at a yard sale for $40 bucks! Then he turned around and sold it to me for $50 bucks. I didn't care because these are around $300 new I believe and it was a steal. As far as the bar in the middle, at first it was a little awkward, but on the G27 the pedals are adjustable in terms of moving each one left or right by a few inches. This helped big time and it doesn't get in the way. These seats are nice but I do think they are overpriced.

8. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    some insanly expensive cokpits on that link right there. and wow super steal for a play seat at $50 bucks. im trying to build my own but i got very limited space and i need to make it so i can move it, so cant go with fancy or huge stuff. so im basically doing something like the playseat more or less but on wood, and i definitly want to get the real dash look, getting the parts from www.symprojects.com t make the instrument cluster work. and a plain aftermarket racing seat.

9. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some green some red
    couple of years ago I had a thrustmaster bike bar set up, it was hella fun, would like to get a wheel but just dun nearly £2000 on my rig so not happening for the forseable.

10. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    Those are nice set ups I would def go for bigger screen like atleast 50" or a projector so you can really feel like your in there racing eyefinity/sorround is nice but the bezel gets in the way

11. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    GTX 570 SLI
    I think i am going to go for a playseat and either a G25 or G27 wheel....mostly will be playing Nascar Racing 2003 Season, with it's tons of mods :banana:

12. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    You might like a Fanatec wheel better.

13. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Dont think cockpits are very convincing with less than 27" screens. Quite tempted to set one up with my 46" Samsung TV. Only problem is it would it have to be in the living room.

14. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    GTX 570 SLI
    Well...I bit the bullett and went with a refurbished Nascar Playseat off e-bay and a Logitech G25 wheel.

I am pretty darn satisfied with this so far, and I have been having a blast with Nascar Racing 2003 season and all of its mods.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. JmanEspresso

JmanEspresso Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX980 FTW
    Some rigs rigs fellas!

Im surprised I dont see any Fanatecs though?

Im using a GT2 and Clubsport pedals. Just ordered a GT3RS, it'll be here monday. Wanted to have a seperate wheel, because a number of people have been having issues with the GT2, and I want mine to be ready for Forza 4 without any issue. So I bought the GT3RS to use for everything else, which is mainly PC these days.. haven't been on GT5 in a while.

16. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    gridiron that is one awesome looking seat.

17. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070