Do you guys use vsync?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Saifz, Mar 6, 2011.

?

Do you use vsync?

1. If yes why?

191 vote(s)
    62.0%
  2. If No why?

117 vote(s)
    38.0%
  1. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Banned

GPU:
    2x GTX 780@SLI & GTX 780M
    Same here.. And 60fps is enough, you dont need more, those who want 200fps just need it for their E-Penil low self-confidence.

60frames is all you need, looks great, no stuttering, and keeps youre computer cool and low power output. Im loving my two GTX670, im playing BF3 as offcoures with vsync, my cards are at 45-50c temps while running this great looking DX11 game with alll settings at ultra @ 60fps. I love my new kepler cards, damn best card I ever had to date.

Edit: Also one more great thing about it, it will make youre GPU´s, Ram´s, Cpu´s live much longer, if you care a bout that. Most people, like me, only upgrade mabye every 2-3 years. I want my hardware to make it that long, its not equally possible on hardware that you max out alll the time.

Edit2: And I dont see any mouselag what so ever, those who do feel it I think are very sensitive to small, no to microsmall changes in their mouse usage?? Cause normal people dont often feel. I play BF3 with Vsync, I dont want to bragg, but I often end top3 in my team, so I cant say im playing badly with vsync on. And if there is mouselag, anyone could get used to it, but these people dont want to change anything in their way of gaming. Its kind of petty to me.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, maybe if you have a 120hz monitor, but even then unless its 120fps minimum, then the fluctuations are going to make it look even more stuttery than a solid 60.

Grrr about the 670's, i would love just one of them, this 570 is fine considering it's age,but i've saw it hit the 50's temp wise while watching a movie.

3. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Banned

GPU:
    2x GTX 780@SLI & GTX 780M
    I had GTX570, great cards, had two in SLI, loved them too. But these keplers, I understand now why NV is so confident, they have a great architecture here.

4. retiredat44

retiredat44 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080-ti 11 G
    I see no benefit when I try vsync..

5. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    No it causes mouse lag

6. djamorpheus

djamorpheus Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 670 2GB
    Whats the point of limiting your fps if you can just set, Max prerendered frames to 1 ?

Thats what i do and i dont get any lag in any game when i have vsync on.

7. Rusty_

Rusty_ Member

GPU:
    GTX 560 TI
    never use V-sync, I hardly ever notice screen tearing and the mouse lag is terrible

8. draker696

draker696 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 570 1.25GB
    I use the framerate limiter at 58fps.
    Then enable v-sync on the respective game's options if I find it to tear alot.

9. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    framelited 58fps+ triple buffered v-sync in single player games.

no vsync in multiplayer games.

10. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    120Hz V-sync'd / Tripple buffer in every game!! Single and Multiplayer.

Its a gamingblisszzzzzz!!!1111eleven :banana:

11. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    yes...yes I do. vsynce every where......

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Vsync always turned on,dont make a difference to how i play.

13. Venomsword

Venomsword Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3070
    Depends on game. If game is adventure type, Quest and not very fast - Vsync ON. FPS and fast paced games OFF.

14. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    With fps type games i usually don't use vsync.But in rpg's like the witcher 2,or mass effect i do use vsync for a smoother experience since you really dont have to react as fast as when you're playing a fps.

15. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    Yes I use VSync.. and is irritating with VSync bug on 600 series til they fix it :)

Multiplayer FPS is the only instance really where I turn off

16. D4rKy21

D4rKy21 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI
    I always use vsync i hate the tearing the image quality also goes down a bit with tearing plus it just feels not naturel with tearing, and with vsync on it also caps your fps [hz] @ 60 or 120 depends on wich monitor u got, so in my opinion i always use games with vsync on, its better for your graphics card life and the IQ is just a bit better with no tearing and it feels just the way how it should be.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  17. Amigafan35

Amigafan35 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080TI FE
    Yes I ue Vysnc, I see no point in having higher temps and power usage to have 100+ fps instead of 60, 60 fps is silky smooth.

18. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i used to always force vsync off (nvidia and ati) i'm not sensitive to tearing and i never liked vsync lag.

but now since i purchased my GTX690 i force Adaptive Vsync, hasn't let me down, best of both worlds, works fantastic, love it.

19. Maccie72

Maccie72 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX570-SC
    Vsync not anymore, but you choose

Im with D4rKy21. Remember that t if you use vsync, you will NEVER get higher framerates than your monitor supports (e.g. lcd 60hz -> 60 FPS) , becasuse it is synced with the framereate of your card and that looks way better!!
    .. when leaving vsync off, you'll get much higher framerates, as much as your vga card will allow in game , based on the ingame settings. But leaving vsync off has other visual disadvantages (tear when hard turn in free look)
    Also you have a cooler running card if you limit framerate. so vsync does that (or use a tool). makes your system quieter as well.
    . So u choose!..:)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  20. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Think you mean the frame rate is synced with the monitor's refresh rate...;)

I leave it off otherwise I get mouse lag...plus my monitor is 160Hz CRT.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012