Do you floor the accelerator in your car often?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by UG_PL, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Mostafa Hijazi

Mostafa Hijazi Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+ SLI
    the question do you not floor the acceleration all the time ? i just had a speeding ticket last week. it costed me around 150$ :cussing:.

2. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    Not too much anymore, I now have four young children and I have responded to one too many fatal or near fatal vehicle accidents where excess speed was involved. I never minded when the reckless driver bought a farm or a small piece of one; it's when they take innocents with them that bothered me.

3. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Yup all the time :)

4. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Only in my former '94 Nissan Sentra where that was the only way to pass someone or get up a hill with a relatively steep grade.

5. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    I wouldn't even consider it. Waste of gas. I pride myself in getting 57 MPG on average.

I'm also 20 and don't have even 1 ticket. Just pays not to be retarded I guess.

6. Funkgab

Funkgab Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 @ 850/1150
    well, here in L.A. you cannot floor it.. damned traffic

7. dominant1

dominant1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    yeah when some slowpoke cuts me off,or some but hole is tailgating me, otherwise, no i don't floor it. my car is so fast its dangerous..

8. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    What car is it?

9. Eric1987

Eric1987 Banned

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    I floor it all the time! Love the sound of H22 VTEC BABY!

10. Eric1987

Eric1987 Banned

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    Well of course you wouldnt consider it. Your car is obviously slower than dirt with that 57MPG thats why its not fun to mash the gas.

11. Mark

Mark Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870
    I used to when i had my MK1 XR2 but ive grown up since then. My days of 'Hooning' are well behind me.

12. Eric1987

Eric1987 Banned

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    Grown up? Whats kiddy about mashing the accelerator?

13. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    No. Then again, I was driving an 8valve 1.2 litre Punto so what's the point...

If/when I have a faster car I'm sure it'll be different, but I don't see the point if you don't have a car that's designed to be pushed a bit harder.

I always laugh when I see people revving the nuts off their Fiestas through town...if you want to drive fast, buy a fast car ;)

14. PuddingWagon

PuddingWagon Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    Nope, no point in pushing the 'lose money' lever more than I have to. It is also bloody pointless in cities (and in the country for a diff reason), race to the next red light ftl! Gotta love calmly pulling up next to some idiot who floors it up till each light then slams on the brakes.

If you love to floor it maybe you should join up to a car club or group that does competitive driving. That way you can have your fun in a safe environment where you can't hurt anyone else, plus in general you will probably save money (especially if you speed). I've been a driving member since I was 12, taught me how to drive properly.

15. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    What is the need to do this ?

16. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    i do floor it often on the motorway. its really the only way to get up to speed in an acceptable amount of time with that lazy diesel engine.

17. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    i do "floor it" from time to time... tho i hardly ever drive over the speedlimits... my driving being generally pretty fast in accelerating and so on but well... saves me gas to accelerate to the speedlimit of the area, this again doesn't work in cities with alot of lights :p and slamming brakes is just stupid ;o

18. Jarrstin

Jarrstin Master Guru

GPU:
    VisionTek HD 4870 CF
    I'm bipolar anymore when it comes to driving. Some days I go the speed limit no matter what, whereas other days I'll gun it for no reason.

19. easy2007

easy2007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX470 4GB
    Ive floored it on my Driving lessons. so funnythe car is so ****ing slow and on the motor way hes like ur not doing 60 i was doing 55 btw hes like go faster im like i cant go any faster enless i put my foot through the floor.

20. izikog

izikog Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6950@70 910/1400
    I mostly drive in a safe way as there are too many drivers around that have no clue how to drive... but I have just bought myself (se my new love below) so you know I like the pedal to the metal :)

[​IMG]