Do u find RTS games a bore?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by death_samurai, Mar 11, 2010.

1. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    The only RTS that I've really liked were Battle for Middle Earth (1 & 2 + expansion). Those had soooooo much potential but of course, EA neglected them.
    It'd be a dream come true if they made a BFME3 with a 'next-gen' engine with incredible graphics, physics and gameplay (with of course supporting 4+ CPU cores, multi-GPU, massive battles, etc)
    The second was DOWII.

2. OvR|<|LL

OvR|<|LL Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Sure do:)

3. sirrith

sirrith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    love RTS.

Age of Empires series (wish they'd make another one soon)
    Total war series
    Company of Heroes
    Anno 1404

4. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    You can't just spam units in Warcraft and expect to win; unless you have the total opposite type of what they do and catch them off guard.

5. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i tried a few RTS games before, but i can't get into them. I think it would be cool to set up an army and use strategy to position..etc to win a war like ancient warfar but i hate all the stupid resource management.

So is there any ancient warfare games where i don't have to micromanage resources? I just want to set up some troops and tell them how to attack...almost similar in chess, you have "x" peices and plan your attack....but no grid stuff, i dont like being hindered how far certain guys can travel each move.

6. Norvekh

Norvekh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    I enjoy micromanagement so RTS games tend to give me that. RPGs can do that as well. Turn based strategy can be fun too, with the right gameplay. Still, I don't think any RTS has captured me like AoE II and The Conqueror's did. They were just about perfect.

7. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I do think AOE2 was one of the best, I wish they would remake that period with same game play on a modern engine.

8. mameira

mameira Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 470 GTX
    So far World in Conflict is the only one I like... the rest just seem repetitive and spammy :(

oh and Company of Heroes xD

9. xXlAinXx

xXlAinXx Active Member

GPU:
    9800+
    Well, it's not a simple procedure account as Real Time Strategy, one effing Action game. You know, resource management: is something integral, part of the genere.
    Anyhow I'm sure if *HALO wont, Dawn of War will suit you.

*For the Xbox360

10. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    The Total War series offers combat scenarios through it's historical battles, and you can also set up your own battles. Both modes are just the combat side of Total War and have no building or resources. Personally I wouldn't buy the game just for that, but to each his own, maybe you'd enjoy it.

11. itsmikey76

itsmikey76 Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor RX5700xt
    It was rts games that drew me into pc gaming Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 1&2, Dune 2000,AOE, and Starcraft, they were all I use to play but these days I can only stomach Company of Heroes for any decent amount of time

12. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 760 DirectCU II
    This thread amazes me.

RTS is the most competitive (multiplayer) genre out there. How is that boring?

And you have immensly distinct styles of RTS. Like Homeworld & DOW II (ironically, both made by Relic).

If one style of RTS bores you, you'll surely find a style that won't.

RTS is boring :3eyes:

13. Whiteraven

Whiteraven Member Guru

GPU:
    (2X) BFG 8800GTS OC 640mb
    I cannot stand RTS games, not sure why anyone enjoys them ?

14. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    I'm a pretty hardcore Warhammer player. I also enjoy Company of Heroes. I like Starcraft, but it's basically spam fest so it's not the most fun anymore.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    SupCom anyone? that game is a classic!!!

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Medievil 2 Total war only for me.

17. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080/intel4400
    Love RTS games. I guess it is because they have a micro management mechanic and the fact that the actual game takes learning on hoy to play it. (Strategies on different races and so forth).

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    last rts i find interesting was company of heroes. hopefully starcraft 2 will get me playing some more.

19. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX980Ti Lightning
    I get excited when I install a new RTS, especially when it has multiplayer options... but that excitement quickly turns to frustration... I can't play RTS to save my life.

I always seem to get stuck and not progress past a certain point and my friends slaughter me in the first 10-15 mins... game over time to get another drink... lol.

20. thecake90

thecake90 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    The best Multiplayer experience for me is with RTS game! It never gets old, I must have spent over 120 hours playing Rise of nations online~! This game was amazing. Warcraft III has an infinite library for maps each with different gamepley mechanics! It is awesome :D