Do not do this Tweak : http://forum.cakewalk.com/Windows-7-amp-Core-Parking-a-better-

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by X7007, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I remember you had to park your cpu for BF4 when the game out. Didnt make any difference as BF4 was still bollocks:)

2. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    No one with a brain will read your guide, don't bother. Process Lasso is great.

Extra tard points for 'secure erasing' a drive because of a process priority optimisation tool.

3. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Process Lasso is useless everything that matters can be done as noted above with powercfg included with Windows.

If you need a specific setting per program make a batch (.bat) and run powercfg command, then start exe with a /w (so it waits), and finish with powercfg restoring your original settings. All automated. All built into Windows.

4. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    With all due respect, there no way you can manual do what PL probalance and other options manually.
    I am going to assume you maybe tried it for hr or day and came to that conclusion.

5. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    You can do everything PL probalance do, automatically. Ok for example, say you want a automatically load a application in HIGH PRIORITY.

Go to the shortcut of the application on your desktop and in the "target field" have something like..

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe "C:\Program Files\PlayMeInc\PlayMe\" /c start /high Playme.exe

And here you always start the application in High priority.

Everything PL do, you can also do by modifying shortcuts and adding to the "target field".

6. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I hope you realize PL ProBalance does dynamic priority not just fixed static. Also setting processes to high priority is not right way, MS already does this for focused application, what you want to do is "lower" any back ground process that uses to much CPU.

Processlasso does a bunch of other options/features for process management.
    I am not going to go through all of them or how to use it, we are already way off topic.

7. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    I use Bill2's Process Manager and the reason being is that some games with cpu multi core issues don't always use multi cores incorrectly at launch, but when launching an aspect of the game after launch. In those cases a batch file wouldn't be good enough. Where as a cpu program can monitor the exe and reapply cpu core rules periodically - for example some minutes after a game has started. Far Cry 4 is a good example.