Do I have the right to fight this? Please be honest...

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by maleficarus™, Aug 4, 2010.

1. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    LOL!

It was your card sorry...pardon me ....

2. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:

Never judge a man in his shoes unless you can walk a mile in his shoes!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  3. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    Were you hired? Was there a probation period? If not Id challenge this.

4. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:

I was hired then fired 2 jobs...

5. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu

Not that it matters since that's a red herring but you're totally wrong.

Criminals do not have the right to bear arms in the USA. Presently convicted felons & some others are not even allowed in the presence* of a firearm.

*you'll have to look up the interpretation of presence if you want something more specific; IANAL

6. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    You missed the point?

7. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    I have to say the Mods have been really cool with this thread. Thank you for leaving it open for debate..I know I havent always been the best player =)

8. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    If you have a right to work, which you use to mean "right to be employed", explain to everyone who you are going to force to employ you?

9. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    I have the right to employment even if I have a record.

10. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    I notice you skirted the question.

Who are you going to force to employ you?

Because that's what you're doing. It's their business. You're proposing you have some kind of right to be employed with them. Justify that.

11. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    Easy..

If I dont make a dollar for Canada then Canada does not make that dollar. If Canada makes no dollars then our dollor loses value. This is basic economics. You follow?

12. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Simple Business Practice.

I don't want to hire someone who has a criminal record, especially someone who has ignored rules and warnings 4 times.

As well as Theft, even if it's just a package of chips.

Why would I risk something in my business, when I can hire the next person who doesn't have any problems with authority or worry about him stealing something.

You have no one to blame but yourself for your bad mistakes.

If someone does hire you and over looks your record, good for them for taking a chance. I'd hope you don't prove them wrong.

But to think you're ENTITLED to something. Nope. Afraid not.

Unfortunately that's the problem with the world these days. Everything thinks they are owned or entitled to everything. No one helps people or does things for themselves, or takes responsibilities for their actions. It's always someone elses fault.

13. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    You are an admin. You are given authority to be judge and jury...All I am asking is the right to defend my case without prodigious. Surely you can see this?

14. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Again, no answer. Because it isn't an easy one. To claim the right to a job, as you do, you must acknowledge that you're forcing someone to unwillingly accept you, someone with a criminal record, into their place of business. Perhaps they don't feel safe around you, perhaps they don't think their money is safe near you, maybe they just think you'll make a flaky employee. Whatever the case, this specific business doesn't want you, but you have the nerve to pretend you can force them to do so.

And you have a pitiful understanding of economics. Your earning dollars in a job has nothing to do with "Canada" (the government, I presume you mean) making dollars (through taxes, I guess is what you mean) which in turn has nothing to do with the value of Canada's dollar.

Value of the dollar is driven strictly by the supply and demand for said dollar.

15. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Me being an Admin has nothing to do with anything.

You can state whatever you want on the forums.

But as a personal opinion. I don't see the problem. You committed a crime, you paid for it. If a business doesn't feel comfortable with that. Then that's THEIR choice.

It's not racist, it's not discriminatory, it's them choosing to hire the right person for the job, which might not be you.

16. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    There are things I do not like bout Canada. But I will always stand up for my country by default. Canada is small by USA standards.

17. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    Thank you for being unbiased. This means a lot. Major respect!

18. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    I'm sorry, relevance man? What does this have to do with your economic knowledge, really, and what do economics have to do with a discussion about someone not hiring you because you have a record, are you trolling me or something?

19. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    Other than the first paragraph (which is unnecessarily derisive), +1

Find some other work, get a job on your resume where they were happy with you and can provide a reference, then try again.

-scheherazade

20. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    At the risk of making an ass of you and me, I will assume you meant the part about the opener being “stuck on stupid” and not the portion where I recommended he join a recovery group and or seek counseling.

After reading additional posts by the opener in this thread, I stand by my statement that he is stuck on stupid. It may not be the nice way to describe his condition; it is however accurate.

I knew from reading the openers posts that he likely has serious issues with alcohol dependency and anger management. Now I am starting to believe there is a component of mental illness as well.

I have finished reading the openers’ posts left since I last posted and now I am convinced he has not been truthful from the beginning about his convictions, the nature and severity of, or the circumstances under which he was denied employment by Steam.

The opener states he spent six months in a maximum security lockup for a DUI offense? Oh wait, now he mentions in passing something about eluding the police during the DUI stop because he didn’t want the lights and activity in the parking lot to wake up his grandmother. Yeah, that makes all kinds of sense.

If I read this right, since the DUI conviction and four probation violations the opener has been hired and fired from two jobs. So the picture now is that Steam is looking at a person with a criminal record who proved four times that he can’t follow the rules AND was given a chance by two other companies who later had to terminate his employment for whatever reason.

I could spend hours tearing the openers’ statements apart and then linking them to each and every one of the 31 Thinking Errors and 17 Tactics to Avoid Change. All I can say to his level of dysfunction is ‘wow’!

Let’s hope he doesn’t lose it completely and end up on the news.