Do I have, a Broken GTX285?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by sg72, Jun 23, 2009.

1. sg72

sg72 Member

GPU:
    nVidea GTX285x2
    To be fair The company I bought the P.C. from are excellent as far as RMA is concerned. and besides it would only have been one card. And seen as I have only been able to run on the other card up till now. It would be no more a hardship.

The fact that either card run ok and are recognized by windows. Kind of points towards the SLI interface. Which would be that dodgy looking ribbon. (touches wood:))

As posted earlier. When attempting to run SLI. GPU.0 runs up temps quickly with fan at 100% whilst GPU.1 barely moves with fan at 40%.

So fingers crossed. I am so looking forward to utelising both cards.

:thumbup:

2. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    just to make sure, but in the NV control panel you have gone to the 3rd tab down (sli and physx settings) and enabled sli?? (NOT just the game profiles)

3. sg72

sg72 Member

GPU:
    nVidea GTX285x2
    My old System was an SLI Rig.

So am familiar with the nVidea Control panel. 'Tis only Physicsx that has changed.

I also now use nHancer. Which overides any Control panel profiles. Whilst still enabling SLI. and DX10. :)

All the programs/Applications I run now were to try and establish a stable SLI system after the problem occured. So I feel cannot be considered as the reason for.:)

4. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    sound.... had to check......lol

5. sg72

sg72 Member

GPU:
    nVidea GTX285x2
    Well got my new SLI bridge.

And Still the same. Doesn't matter what settings I run. It will run them but for how long?

Totally random crashes. Sometimes with the "Driver Display" message.

Sometimes not.

(Note. I am trying to run "Crysis". Fully patched Maximum edition.

:bang:

6. sg72

sg72 Member

GPU:
    nVidea GTX285x2
    OK :):pc1:

Forget everything I've been on about. It would appear that in my Noobness.I have been trying to play an "Old" game that has a vast History behind it with problems that I, am only just encountering.

Searching out solutions. Have resulted in running Safe with Quality. (Much better than I had ever imagined.)

Thanks all for your patience

7. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    for i7 cores intelburn test you have to select 16 threads at least, stress level maximum, 10 runs.

anything less will not stress i7 cores enough. this is what the Intel burn author suggests.

8. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    So it was a problem with Crysis specifically? :wanker:

9. sg72

sg72 Member

GPU:
    nVidea GTX285x2
    It would appear so. Crysis and COD4. Are the two titles I chose to run on my new system.

It would appear belatedly to me that both have had their problems running in SLI.

Sorry You couldn't find anything more interesting in this thread.:nerd:

10. bokah

bokah Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    think they should run, try look mobo forum for memory settings with sli/crossfire

11. bokah

bokah Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
  12. sg72

sg72 Member

GPU:
    nVidea GTX285x2
    Not sure.

But I cannot stop from getting the"Video Card has stopped responding" message.

This can happen at random times when I play SLI. or single.

Have tried each card running in PCI-E Slot 1. Both seem to check out OK.

I donot appear to be getting the performance expected from my Rig.

Have all the most recent drivers/Downloads. Running nHancer/Riva/nVidea settings.

All temps seem fine.(Have never seen more than 73 C on GPU.0. With 56 on GPU.1.

CPUz is measuring no more than 59C

FPS are sometimes in the 200s. But still getting "The message".

What gives?

Have done a complete reinstall. But still the same.

Adjudging from other Forums/Posts. 2 of these cards should easily be able to render images of "older" games at "High" or "V/High/Custom settings".Even at 1920x1080. With DX9 or 10.

Not mine! I start off OK then start getting Artifacts then quickly its BSOD.

As mentioned. I am sick to the back teeth of the "nvlddmkm has stopped responding." message.

Any other clues?

13. Claude350

Claude350 Active Member

GPU:
    PNY 1060 GTX SSC
    I was getting the same error messages. I have a wire keyboard and mouse. To get rid of this problem I had to go into the device manager and open the Human Interface Devices. I had to disable all of those. I don't reallt know what functions they do but i haven't had any problems with hardware or software not working. Since doing that I have had anymore BSOD or the driver dispay error messages. Try that and see what happens. Let us know here aslo. I'm also running Vista Ultimate 64 bit. There seems to be a problem with the lastest nvidia drivers and and the human interface devices in vista.

14. CreepDeadson

CreepDeadson New Member

GPU:
    PNY GTS 250
    I recently had a problem with games crashing a few minutes in. The whole pc was locking up and had to shut down manually and reboot. It was a virus. Ran AVG and then it was fine.

15. ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM

ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA-680 FTW+
    i was going to say completed in 141 seconds? not possible and stable :3eyes: as he said above @ least 10 runs on maxx stress levels.Anything less is taking chances on stability

16. sg72

sg72 Member

GPU:
    nVidea GTX285x2
    Have called builder did a complete reinstall
    of Vista 64 and GPU drive disc (All drivers updated.)

Games still lock up after artifacts and only on SLI. and it doesn't matter which res. I run at. Games will run at low settings. But that's not the reason this Rig was bought for.

Alll temps are fine at BSOD. and the "Not Responding but has recovered" message appears.

COD.4: Runs on v.High settings with over 150fps. But Temporarily BSOD then can run again.(Random).

Crysis: Runs on Custom/High settings. But will BSOD. and not recover. (Random)

ARMA II: Artifacts on setup screen on High settings. (Always)

I have tried lesser Res but still the same.

Artifacts are large white screen Slashes/Flashes.

All temps and loads appear OK on system at times of crash.

:bang:

IL2'46fb: Runs no probs on single card. All settings perfect. (Always)

I have No Viruses. and 3d Vantage. Bombed out on first test!!!!. and I can't run another.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  17. sg72

sg72 Member

GPU:
    nVidea GTX285x2
    Ok. Called Builder and am getting an RMA of another card.

I checked out both my own cards on VRam test and benchmarked both individually.

And. Both are OK???

So anyways installed both cards back in and Lo! and behold. All is sweet.

No crashes or "Messages".

Have been asked by builder to try out New card. To see if it fixes issues I now haven't got?

Looks like, I may get to try a Triple SLI setup.:banana: